Truck Alarm, Battery Drain Suspect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon96

Reaction score
Hello fellow OBSers. I installed the OEM vehicle specific alarm, key-less entry, remote start system on my 96 Yukon. I have since experienced battery drain when the truck is not running. I have the stock alternator installed with a new Deracell Gold battery. The alternator shows just short of 14 volts when running. I figure that's good. I only drive 20 to 30 minutes each way to and from work each day. Just had the battery tested. it showed it has only about half of the cold cranking amps as it's suppose to, and almost half drained. The truck starts every time it's cranked, but the first turn is slow. Would a higher amp alternator help, (and where could I get one that fits?) or a stronger battery? That would seem like a band-aid fix to me, however would there be anything I could do with the alarm system short of disconnecting it to alleviate the problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fitransmission