Trip computer in gauge cluster resets almost every time I start the car -- 2001 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ledesordre

Reaction score
Hey gang,

Noticed my 2001 Tahoe's trip computer is not keeping track. It will reset to 0.0 miles after sitting for a period of longer than about 5 minutes, it seems. If I turn it off and immediately turn the car back on, the trip computer still works.

Car battery is good, recently replaced.

Anyone heard of this? Any insight?

Thanks,

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I had a cluster completely rebuilt recently and my trip odometer hasn't worked since. The guy who did it says that's never happened to him before, and he has no clue why it doesn't work. It's always at 0.0, no matter what I do. Sorry I couldn't help, but you're not the only one.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a cluster completely rebuilt recently and my trip odometer hasn't worked since. The guy who did it says that's never happened to him before, and he has no clue why it doesn't work. It's always at 0.0, no matter what I do. Sorry I couldn't help, but you're not the only one.

Mine used to be like that. The personal and business odometers never changed from zero. I started playing with it randomly one day waiting on someone and whatever I did got them to start working again? Wish I knew what I did so I could share it but ever since that moment they've all worked without a hiccup.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Mine used to be like that. The personal and business odometers never changed from zero. I started playing with it randomly one day waiting on someone and whatever I did got them to start working again? Wish I knew what I did so I could share it but ever since that moment they've all worked without a hiccup.
Lucky. It's nice to have, but I'm used to not having it now. Did you hit the reset button a certain amount of times, or something similar? I don't have the dic, or anything like that.

M1Gunner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lucky. It's nice to have, but I'm used to not having it now. Did you hit the reset button a certain amount of times, or something similar? I don't have the dic, or anything like that.

Between the odometer reset button on the cluster itself and the steering wheel controls. I some how reset it or there's a certain order to turn it off and back? I'll check it out tomorrow and see if I can come up with something?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent