Trinova Paint Sealant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took forever to get my TOTM prize but damn was it worth the wait. Sealant was super easy to apply after washing claying and washing again. Paint on the truck and wheels is super slick now. It has been raining the last couple of days and the sealant handled it like a champ. My tires usually sling stuff everywhere but NOTHING is sticking to the sides of the truck like it usually does when it rains....I could sing Trinova praises all day but pictures just work better. Mind you, I haven't washed the truck this is just me after work taking a picture if her as soon as I got home. **it rained this morning**0fe9beac52384d27920e26e231b37f47.jpgc97680e44fa309032fa62a7fe868e139.jpgce54217b0b25eb9e7daeece50afd3149.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
How did you apply it? I have a bottle but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Truck looks great!

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How did you apply it? I have a bottle but I haven't had a chance to use it yet. Truck looks great!
Wash car, clay bar, wash again...dry. Then apply it like you would any wax. Wait 30 min. Use a new microfiber cloth and buff it out, it comes off super easy. For a year of protection, it was super easy to apply. I also got some detail spray from the same company which not only helps clean between washes but apparently enhances the paint sealer's strength. We'll see about that as time goes by.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks awesome. I've never used paint sealant before. Do you wax the car after you put on the sealant? The bottle I got from Trinova was wax and worked almost identical to the Maguiars Ultimate wax I had been using. It seems the key with either one is using a high quality micofiber towl to buff it out.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took forever to get my TOTM prize but damn was it worth the wait. Sealant was super easy to apply after washing claying and washing again. Paint on the truck and wheels is super slick now. It has been raining the last couple of days and the sealant handled it like a champ. My tires usually sling stuff everywhere but NOTHING is sticking to the sides of the truck like it usually does when it rains....I could sing Trinova praises all day but pictures just work better. Mind you, I haven't washed the truck this is just me after work taking a picture if her as soon as I got home. **it rained this morning**0fe9beac52384d27920e26e231b37f47.jpgc97680e44fa309032fa62a7fe868e139.jpgce54217b0b25eb9e7daeece50afd3149.jpg

What color is your truck, mine is the silver grey metallic
IMG_0609.JPG

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color is your truck, mine is the silver grey metallic
View attachment 84532
White, it was sunset when I took the pictures. They recommended not waxing because some waxes have some sort of detergent that will reduce the sealant's effectiveness. But you can if you want to, I didn't.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long does it last. Mine will be water for 6+ months. I usually wax mine 2 to 3 times a year. It may not need it that often, I'm just **** about making sure the paint is protected from tree sap, bird crap, etc. plus it's easier to wash and dry

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's supposed to last a year and a half with good maintenance. It'll probably be about a year for me since I can't fit inside my garage and exposed to all the elements, lol. Still better than waxing every 6 months(4 months for me) with wax.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sealed my 2006 in October last year with it and it's still well covered, even after a harsh ski town winter that brought a lot of snow. And my truck stays parked outside as well. It still has that great shine and soft feel to it.

OP
OP
Burb!!

Burb!!

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sealed my 2006 in October last year with it and it's still well covered, even after a harsh ski town winter that brought a lot of snow. And my truck stays parked outside as well. It still has that great shine and soft feel to it.
Schweet!! Confirmed!! That's crazy what you said about how soft it feels because unlike wax, I can feel how smooth the sealant feels. It literally feels like I put a protective film on the truck.