Transmission Shudder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
Maybe 3 tubes will do it..... I'm only kidding. It does seem as though you have made some progress with your methods, though.
Haha, I know right? Well I’ve been driving it around a lot and can’t get it to shudder. I’m starting to think my gf is driving over bumps and freaking out. I drove over train tracks and she goes, “Right there!” At the very beginning of this when there was water in the transmission, I could put it in tow mode and it would stop shuddering. She claims it did it in tow mode, I’m thinking pot holes.

After reading all this, sounds to me like you may need to install a TCC regulator valve kit.
If I feel the shudder again, I’m going to clean the valve body and install the Transgo SK shift kit. Thank you for the tip.

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I’m going to take it on a weekend trip next weekend and she how it does. Crossing my fingers.

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
I haven’t had any issues with the Caddy, so I decided to go pick up an old parts car that I had stored at my friend’s house. I drove 6 hours round trip with my 2000lb trailer. Picked up the 2800lb car without any issues. Drove 80 mph easily on the interstate. It was 78 degrees outside and I drove 55 mph on a back road up a mountain. The transmission temp never went above 180 degrees.

I’m extremely happy with how well it did.

Go Predators!

OP
OP
Fjs0001

Fjs0001

Reaction score
Well the transmission finally bit the dust. Originally the radiator cracked and leaked water into the transmission lines. I did a few repairs and have done a lot of driving since. I’ve gone on seven long road trips and towed two cars, three hours each. I’ve also done a lot of towing around town. I drove 2 hours to go see my parents this past weekend and stopped at a red light. When the light turned green I started to move until the engine rev’d high and then slammed into second hard. I stopped at another red light and the Caddy wouldn’t move at all except for reverse. Maybe I can repair it, but so far is sounds like my 1st gear clutch pack is probably toast. I did notice a whining noise coming from the transmission a week before, but it went away. Also over the last month I’ve felt like I was losing power from a dead stop, so it was probably slipping.

I’m now trying to decide if I want to swap in a 4L80e, a 6L80e, or a manual.

Last edited:

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
Well the transmission finally bit the dust. Originally the radiator cracked and leaked water into the transmission lines. I did a few repairs and have done a lot of driving since. I’ve gone on seven long road trips and towed two cars, three hours each. I’ve also done a lot of towing around town. I drove 2 hours to go see my parents this past weekend and stopped at a red light. When the light turned green I started to move until the engine rev’d high and then slammed into second hard. I stopped at another red light and the Caddy wouldn’t move at all except for reverse. Maybe I can repair it, but so far is sounds like my 1st gear clutch pack is probably toast. I did notice a whining noise coming from the transmission a week before, but it went away. Also over the last month I’ve felt like I was losing power from a dead stop, so it was probably slipping.

I’m now trying to decide if I want to swap in a 4L80e, a 6L80e, or a manual.
I have a 4L60e in my 2007, and also had a 4L60 in my old S10, and while I really like the 4L60e, I have to admit that the 6L80e in my Grandfathers 2013 for sure makes for a quicker vehicle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne