Transmission problem video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tyrone27

Reaction score
I have a 93 suburban 4wd. Well I got another transmission from the junk yard and it's the wrong one. It's a 2wd and I need a 4wd.Well I have to return it Monday. But I took a video of the transmission problem I'm having in hopes someone can help me fix it because the transmission I need cost 600. And hopefully I can fix it myself for cheaper.

The problem I'm having is the truck was sitting idling and I heard a bang then no gears. I can put it in any gear and it's nothing. I removed the transmission and here is the video. Anyone have any suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats an easy one. Your sunshell snapped at its splines. Broke its weld. Common problem with OEM sunshells especially when used for towing. Backup, dogleg a big camper and snap! Requires a complete teardown.

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

tyrone27

Reaction score
Replaced transmission now it moves. Going to have to so a drain and fill next week because fluid is dirty.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons