Transmission Cooling Line Part Numbers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

itsagaas

Reaction score
The '96 Tahoe started dripping trans fluid. Turns out the transmission cooling lines are rusted out and the pinholes are starting. My 4WD with 5.7L gas engine (VIN Code R) truck has the M30 code with 4L-60E trans. Seems the lines go into the radiator with no separate trans fluid cooler. Anyone out there have GM part numbers for the lines I can use as a reference?
I made all new brake lines for this truck a while back and could do the same for these trans lines but the ends look different and I'm kind of limited on time these days with what is going on at work. Would rather buy them if available.
Many thanks,
Ken

OP
OP
I

itsagaas

Reaction score
Thanks Sunlit Comet. I just want to replace the old, rusted out lines that run direct from the trans to the main (not auxiliary) radiator. I am bending my own lines as I am hearing the replacement lines are only made by aftermarket suppliers for trucks that have the auxiliary trans coolers.
Best, Ken

so you want to install the oem aux cooler and the lines that go with it?

OP
OP
I

itsagaas

Reaction score
Thanks Sunlit Comet. I just want to replace the old, rusted out lines that run direct from the trans to the main (not auxiliary) radiator. I am bending my own lines as I am hearing the replacement lines are only made by aftermarket suppliers for trucks that have the auxiliary trans coolers.
Best, Ken
UPDATE: I bought replacement stainless transmission cooler lines from Inline Tube (www.inlinetube.com). The part number for the set of two tubes is SCTT95D1. They fit really well in my 1996 Tahoe with 4 wheel drive, 4L-60E trans and 5.7L gas engine. Lines are 3/8"
They also sell the lines in a lower cost material. Stainless was around $90 for the set.
Hope this info helps.
Ken

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe