Transfer case question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm needing a transfer case for my 05 Tahoe due to mine have a hole and seal leaking I found someone selling one out of a 05 Silverado I attached a pic of the only sticker that's on the case. Anybody know if this will work?

Screenshot_2017-07-17-13-43-44.png

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is the push button 4x4

Not all push button 4WD are the same. Easiest way will be to compare the codes in glovebox. Look for the NP8 code in your glovebox, then see if the donor truck has same code, if at all possible. that Silverado could very well be a manual shift NP2 just as easy the NP8 electronic like your Tahoe. Unless you know for a fact the truck has the exact same push button switches that your Tahoe does, don't assume it's the same. My father ordered a 2004 or '05 Silverado with a manual shift because of the technical problems associated with the push button version. So, if you need to verify compatibility, codes in the glovebox is easiest way next to taking photos of each for comparison.

OP
OP
C

Chris73838

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ok the Silverado transfer case is electric but that's all the seller really knows about it. I think she bought it and it ended up no having enough plugs or something so she won't have the glovebox code. I appreciate your help bud

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boom313