TRANS ISSUE or WHAT ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gun50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm sure this topic has been ridden into the dirt........???

Now the trans wants to stay in 1st if I jump on it and keep it floored, sometimes it bogs won't accelerate but will stay at 4k rpm and 40 mph until I just lift off the pedal, then it shifts. I'd reprogramed ecu (hypertech)to shift harder and to run on 87 octane, fuel filter just changed. Never had a problem. The trans works normally under regular throttle, it just jacks around when floored and held there ?? I just reprogramed the ecu back to stock and it's seems worse.
I do tow a small trailer for my track bikes approx 1300 lbs loaded.
Last Sunday I was towing a 2500 lb. trailer in high heat 105 degrees and I think it started after that, at least I noticed it the next day?
Possible speed sensor on trans? It feels as if the trans line pressure is to high and won't let it shift. This has just started to occur......I'm stumped, and hope to do the repair myself.

I'm a fanatic about maintenance ! Oil & filter change every 3k and trans every 15k miles.
Here's the deal..2000 Tahoe Ltd. Edt. L460 92k miles.(owned since new)
Having already replaced both front interior door handles, both front door locking solenoids 2x, left barn door latch 2x's, 4 sets of brakes, front rotors 1x, a vacum servo on trans to release it from park(at 87k miles), oh at 27k miles the brake pedal pad broke off it's weld( dealer didn't want to replace it under warranty until I went balistic and threatened to contact GM). This model has the cheapest plastic parts I've ever seen.......My next SUV will be an import which I hate to admit.

OP
OP
Gun50

Gun50

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes works fine at normal driving
Just not at WOT.....won't shift out of first gear until I slightly lift off the
throttle.......
I thought there would be more people answering.
At least relating an experience........
I'm having the codes checked on Friday....see if anything comes up.

swab

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, mines doing the same thing right now. im just going to slap in a vette servo and see what that does for me

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz