Tranny upgrades

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
gonna start pricing a tranny rebuild but might as well upgrade with stronger components. You guys have recommendations?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"The Beast" sun shell, 5-pinion planetaries, upgraded servos, whatever clutch pack is the flavor of the month...

You doing it yourself?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck!

It's one of those "while I'm here I may as well..." snowballs. Sure, there are the few parts that are known weak points even at stock power levels such as the sun shell. But, while you have it open and parts removed, are you really going to be able to control yourself and upgrade JUST those parts?

Beyond the wear items, there's billet hard parts such as shafts. Replace the plastic accumulator pistons with metal ones...
Performance boost valves...
A performance valve body wouldn't be a bad idea if you wanna make changes there. You don't wanna just raise the line pressure through the tune to alter those characteristics.

I'm no auto trans technician, I just studied up a little on the 4L60E before deciding to buy a built one instead of building my own. I still have a damned unused FLT Level 6 sitting in storage. I never sold it with the rest of my canceled project parts because I might need it for the Tahoe. But now I'm trying to see what would be needed to swap in a 6L80 with all factory functions (tap shift on column, correct gauge/display cluster, etc.)

OP
OP
sumo

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Maybe if there is one already built with upgrades parts I could just swap in and send in my core

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are plenty of options for that: Finish Line (my pick), Performabuilt, Phoenix Trans...

You get what you pay for.

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hands down go with Robert from transbuilderguy or jakes performance.... only guys that will build a trans for me... I have Roberts lvl 3 80e.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hands down go with Robert from transbuilderguy or jakes performance.... only guys that will build a trans for me... I have Roberts lvl 3 80e.
How much does something like that go for? I'm trying to make plans for mine when it goes. Which it will!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518