Traction Control Systems Offered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the GMT800 package Denali was never offered with 2WD, or with selectable 4WD transfer case. Only AWD as is my 2006. I do miss being able to turn it off in the summer when I don't need it. But it gives my xl nice handling characteristics especially up here in the winding mountain roads where I live. The latest gen K2XX Denali was offered with a selectable transfer case.

Crazy. My 2010 tahoe had awd, 4hi/lo and 2wd. Wonder why the Denali didn't offer that. Weird.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Yeah the GMT800 package Denali was never offered with 2WD, or with selectable 4WD transfer case. Only AWD as is my 2006. I do miss being able to turn it off in the summer when I don't need it. But it gives my xl nice handling characteristics especially up here in the winding mountain roads where I live. The latest gen K2XX Denali was offered with a selectable transfer case.

Trufe

bgsntth

Reaction score
I believe all Tahoe\Suburbans have a limited slip rear- diff, and my Z71 leaves two equal ruts when climbing steep gravel\ grass ascents - so it does work. When you engage 4Lo, it automatically disengages traction control and all of the "driving aids". Pure old school 4WD, and a very different experience from our 2008 Range Rover, which has many electronic traction gizmos to get you to the top of the hill.

I know Toyota products have vastly improved, but my number one complaint with our prior 2003 GX470 is that the traction control would not allow any wheels to spin. Hence, if all four wheels\tires did not have enough traction, the GX was dead in the water. The Z71 will get up hills on our property that the GX could not or I was afraid to attempt. I have not tried the new Toyota crawl control, so I imagine this issue is in the past. But, the traction control issue was a big reason that i did not get a Sequoia.