Traction Control Systems Offered?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Beach77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Coming from a 4Runner, looking at a Tahoe, curious what traction control systems these new Tahoe's have?

The 4Runner has 4H/4L, Down Hill Assist, Hill Assit, and std traction control, and A-Trac (where it will stop free spinning wheels and put the power to the wheels with grip).

The std Tahoe does not come with 4L, have to get the Z71 for that I believe - although I saw a post where it looks like someone ordered with from the factory in a std LT.

Besides std traction control, is there anything else these beasts offer to help you off road?

Thanks!

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Coming from a 4Runner, looking at a Tahoe, curious what traction control systems these new Tahoe's have?

The 4Runner has 4H/4L, Down Hill Assist, Hill Assit, and std traction control, and A-Trac (where it will stop free spinning wheels and put the power to the wheels with grip).

The std Tahoe does not come with 4L, have to get the Z71 for that I believe - although I saw a post where it looks like someone ordered with from the factory in a std LT.

Besides std traction control, is there anything else these beasts offer to help you off road?

Thanks!

My Denali has 2WD, 4H, 4L, Auto/AWD. Traction control/ESP, hill start assist, grade braking (transmission braking).

I assume any Tahoe with max trailoring or the 6.2 would have all of these but not 100% sure.

OP
OP
B

Beach77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I really like the A-Trac feature of the 4Runner - curious if the Tahoe has anything like that or if it has the option for a rear/center locking diff?

OP
OP
B

Beach77

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did some digging, looks like a locking rear diff is standard on these - low speed transfer case is optional based on the package(s) you have.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
The AWD Denali's will have an open diff, but the 4wd Tahoe should be posi. Look for RPO code G80 in the glove box, that's a locker.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my Denali had the option of being 2 wheel drive. I miss the good old days of just rear wheel drive in the snow.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wish my Denali had the option of being 2 wheel drive. I miss the good old days of just rear wheel drive in the snow.

Huh? My Denali can be 2wd. Are there some that can't be?? Turn of ESP/Traction control and it's a donut king in the snow!

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the GMT800 package Denali was never offered with 2WD, or with selectable 4WD transfer case. Only AWD as is my 2006. I do miss being able to turn it off in the summer when I don't need it. But it gives my xl nice handling characteristics especially up here in the winding mountain roads where I live. The latest gen K2XX Denali was offered with a selectable transfer case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01