Traction control on or off for performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
i have an 07 Tahoe with a BBT. I forgot to ask them if we should have tuned it with traction control off. Does it make a difference? If I turn it off now, will I get even better performance?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trac ctrl basically pumps the brakes so your tires wont spin, it has no bearing on your tune. if you are going to be mashing the petal to try to lite 'em up then turn it off, no performance gained or lost from trac ctrl at all.

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
The a
Trac ctrl basically pumps the brakes so your tires wont spin, it has no bearing on your tune. if you are going to be mashing the petal to try to lite 'em up then turn it off, no performance gained or lost from trac ctrl at all.[/QUOTE

OP
OP
TAHOEBLACKONBLACK
Reaction score
Trac ctrl basically pumps the brakes so your tires wont spin, it has no bearing on your tune. if you are going to be mashing the petal to try to lite 'em up then turn it off, no performance gained or lost from trac ctrl at all.
Thanks. I figured that. Seems sometimes when I smash the pedal, I can feel it lag a tiny bit like something's holding it back. Guess that's the traction control lol

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trac control doesnt kick in until a tire spins, youll feel tge brakes pump so look into cleaning your throttle body. With the BB tune you should have no lag, because afm is off, im assuming you asked for that to be turned off, afm basically creates your hesitation, lag etc but not from a standstill, that normally happens more at cruising speeds, but csn still happen from a dead stop if other things are going on. If you are getting that lag, at a standstill to wot, mashing the pedal, i bet the tb is gunked up buy some cleaner

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14