Traction Active

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have 2006 Tahoe with Digital Dash notifications. When I leave from a stop the abs module kicks on and the Traction Active Message comes up on my dash. Any help is much appreciated. The noise is only for a few seconds and the Traction Active message is also only for a few seconds. Thanks (At least I think it’s the abs module kicking on) No abs light comes on

Mr. 960

Full Access Member
Reaction score
possible wheels speed sensor? You would need a scan tool to check them while driving. If you live in the Rustbelt it may be that. do you loose acceleration when this happens? What happens if you turn off the stability traction control button?

OP
OP
H

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
possible wheels speed sensor? You would need a scan tool to check them while driving. If you live in the Rustbelt it may be that. do you loose acceleration when this happens? What happens if you turn off the stability traction control button?
Thanks. I don’t lose acceleration. It’s from a stop it always kicks on. When I turn off stability traction control button I have the same problem.

OP
OP
H

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any more help would be appreciated. Do not live in rust belt.

OP
OP
H

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The sensors on the hub go bad, rust belt or not. One of your sensors is ng
I had a scanner put on it and all sensors are reading the same. Any other advice. Please help !

UrbanSuburban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The reason you are not getting any funny readings is because the truck does not think there is anything wrong with what it is doing. Usually this situation happens in the reverse, when you are coming to a stop rather than driving away. Can you possibly leave the scan tool on while you drive off, that way it should capture the picture of what is happening. Other than sensors, it could also be the BPMV motor. Keep on plugging away

OP
OP
H

Hunter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The reason you are not getting any funny readings is because the truck does not think there is anything wrong with what it is doing. Usually this situation happens in the reverse, when you are coming to a stop rather than driving away. Can you possibly leave the scan tool on while you drive off, that way it should capture the picture of what is happening. Other than sensors, it could also be the BPMV motor. Keep on plugging away
Thanks.
I have a noise also from the motor down by the steering column also. Noise only happens from a stop lasts for about two seconds, once noise stops Traction Active
Goes away. Any ideas ? Happens sometimes in reverse also but not as much as starting from a stop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons