TPS Voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So this tomfoolery started backup after they pulled the tranny and reinstalled? Hmm... LOOK AT THE MATING SURFACE OF THE TRANSMISSION TO THE ENGINE. Make sure they didnt pinch a wire or whole harness in between when mating the tranny backup to the engine! If nothing there then inspect wiring from TAC module all the way to the Throttle Body. The shop may have stretched your harness when the engine was tilted downward when the tranny was pulled.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So this tomfoolery started backup after they pulled the tranny and reinstalled? Hmm... LOOK AT THE MATING SURFACE OF THE TRANSMISSION TO THE ENGINE. Make sure they didnt pinch a wire or whole harness in between when mating the tranny backup to the engine! If nothing there then inspect wiring from TAC module all the way to the Throttle Body. The shop may have stretched your harness when the engine was tilted downward when the tranny was pulled.
Where exactly is the tac module? What does it look like? Firewall on the ds?

mwilson62000

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMG_0098.JPG Yes, drivers side on the firewall right of the brake resoivor. Black square box about 4" X 4".

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I wouldn't replace it until you hook up a scan tool and monitor the indicated and desired angles. Do you have the capabilities to do that?
Unfortunately I don't. I'm at the mercy of a mechanic, as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011