TPMS rubber seals

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm at Costo putting on new tires. $13 for all 4, they "service" the TPMS sensors. They replace the rubber O-rings. Mine are 10 years old, so I splurged for the $13.

Do you think it's necessary ? I never had a TPMS leak from the O-ring, but I suppose it's possible...

If mine weren't 10 years old, I would have skipped it. Just hope I don't have problems from them messing with it. They claim the techs are Michelin certified, whatever that means..

kwOH

Banned
Reaction score
I'm at Costo putting on new tires. $13 for all 4, they "service" the TPMS sensors. They replace the rubber O-rings. Mine are 10 years old, so I splurged for the $13.

Do you think it's necessary ? I never had a TPMS leak from the O-ring, but I suppose it's possible...

If mine weren't 10 years old, I would have skipped it. Just hope I don't have problems from them messing with it. They claim the techs are Michelin certified, whatever that means..
Should be ok, never heard of that, but not much it can hurt for $13, if the mess one up by accident make them fix it, or replace it no biggie.

Sent from iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

tsuintx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think at least Discount Tire around here actually requires the "TPMS rebuild kit", or what ever they call it. Don't know how much it is, though.

But yeah, like kwOH said, not a biggie for $13 bucks and if any problems, you know who to go for fixing them.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got back. Pretty decent service. Hand torqueing of lugs. No monkeys using an impact gun at 200 ft-lbs. Road hazard, balancing, free nitro for life. Can't complain.

I was hard core Tire Rack to save the tax. But this was worth the $100 extra, and much easier.

Jason_S

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TPMS o-rings aren't a problem, until they become a problem. $13 is worth peace of mind. Besides, the hazard services don't always cover parts that are not serviced during tire installation. It's usually buried in the fine print.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs