TPMS reprogramming tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
First sentence of your post says it all..... trying to save some money......sorry

I just find it hard to believe that all 4 are defective. I could see maybe getting a bad one but four seems highly unlikely.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just find it hard to believe that all 4 are defective. I could see maybe getting a bad one but four seems highly unlikely.
I know what your saying but maybe just a bad batch. I wasn't being a dick either...im all for saving money but for some reason having to take the truck somewhere to dismount/mount tires a few times to replace those stupid sensors because we, as a whole, are too lazy to use a damn tire pressure gauge, would just annoy me and waste my time, which is at a premium now adays, for me anyway, so ill pay for better(?) ones or oem whatever to know (think? Lol) they are gonna work the first time because unlike a wheel bearing or alternator which are just examples, not saying im gonna cheap out on those parts, which are easy to remove/replace, tire pressure sensors are not so easy to get to for us commonfolk who have no easy access to a tire machine... i dont know...my 2 cents may not help you but thats the way i see it.

sk1dm4rk

Full Access Member
Reaction score

kbuskill

Reaction score
Did you try the pressure change method? I'm not familiar with the ones you got, so I apologize if this info is not applicable.

As an FYI, I bought these for $55 (at the time. $2 cheaper now)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-GENUINE-GM-4-TIRE-PRESSURE-MONITOR-SENSORS-13586335-TPMS-/172451310963
, got this to activate them and it worked great when I rotated the tires.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/New...32794560116.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.3gndJM

Good luck.

Yes... Tire Kingdom quoted me $250 to install
MY SENSORS and program them... I verified
that they knew I had my own sensors and he said yes that was to install and program.... I said how much to just install and he said $62.... So I had them install them and drove to the house and tried the deflate/inflate method and never could get it to register the first one... it would go into active learning mode but wouldn't pick up the sensors.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait, what year?not sure when but doesnt work on my 13.... after a certain year you need the tool, inflate/deflate doesnt work....

kbuskill

Reaction score
Wait, what year?not sure when but doesnt work on my 13.... after a certain year you need the tool, inflate/deflate doesnt work....

2012 and later won't work for inflate/deflate method.

Mine is 2008.

I am going to TK in the morning to have new Echlin (napa) brand sensors installed. TK's price from Napa is $33 a piece and then he is charging me $17 a piece to install so $50 a piece for a total of $200.

I got a response from the seller on EBay and they are accepting my return.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe you dont want to spend the money but i bought this because I couldn't do inflate/deflate on my 13.... cheap and easyIMG_2028.PNG

kbuskill

Reaction score
Maybe you dont want to spend the money but i bought this because I couldn't do inflate/deflate on my 13.... cheap and easyView attachment 83321

It's not about the money.... not even Chevy could get them to activate. I even played with the Bartec scan tool at TK and although I did get the ebay sensors to identify themselves to the scan tool as Schrader 315MHZ they would never link up with the truck.

As an update...

I had the new Echlin sensors installed and they linked right up without issue. I came home got loaded up and left for my trip. It is about 25-30 miles to the interstate from my house and the sensors were working fine. I got up on the Interstate and after a short time the TPMS light came on and the 2 front sensors were just showing dash marks on the DIC. I looked at that damn light the whole trip. I would periodically scroll through from front wheels to rear wheels and sometimes the fronts would read and the backs wouldn't or sometimes it was 1 front and 1 rear not working, sometimes it was 3 of the 4 not working.

At this point I don't know what the problem is, any experience, help or advice is appreciated.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know its not about money , just saying.

Sucks about sensors, isnt there a module on the truck that picks up the signal, if sensors are new, maybe

Wait a minute, didnt you have a problem with your remote for your locks?

IMG_2072.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont