TPMS reprogramming tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

conchasjim

Reaction score
Somewhat related question. I put some new Goodyears on my 07 today. Finally wore out those crappy Michelins. Discount did the job and reset the sensors. Problem is the new tires require less air. Recommend 35psi. My dic alerts low pressure at anything less than 40 psi. Can this be set to a lower value? I do have a superchips tuner program installed. Perhaps with that? Or stealer only? My local shop want one hour min. charge.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
just bump up to 40 and call it day. Shouldn't wear tires much more or anything. But I would not go anything past that unless you are hawling a load.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
They do make a difference in fuel milage and wear but 40 psi in a 3 ply? tire im guess will not make much of a difference.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
These heavy ass SUV then loaded with just people in them 40 psi would be almost perfect. Plus I have been running 40 psi with no issues in every truck or SUV I have owned. Even my little Jeep Compass I ran around 38 psi year round, tire wore good and fuel milage was as expected.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do make a difference in fuel milage and wear but 40 psi in a 3 ply? tire im guess will not make much of a difference.
I run mine at 38-40psi anything less and they feel a little soft to me.... i think recommended 36 on tire max 44 and door sticker says 32 or 34 on stock tires/size... they are wearing fine and fuel mileage has been exact same on my truck since i dont even remem...

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Here is a question for everyone.

I bought 4 new tpms sensors (from Ebay trying to save some $) that are the newest GM part number 25920615 and are marked Schrader.

The problem is NO ONE can program them to my 08 Suburban LTZ.

I have been to Tire kingdom, Walmart tire center, Sun tire, AND to the local Chevy dealer who confirmed they are the correct part number but they couldn't get them programmed or activated either.

Everyone keeps getting the same message on their Bartec scanners.... "incorrect part number".

We tried telling the Bartec they were:

Schrader
Echelin (napa brand ) because one guy cross
referenced those with that part number
Oem
and maybe a few others.... still no luck always say incorrect part number.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

conchasjim

Reaction score
Yeah ok, 40+ is what I've always run. Rides like a tank. Thought maybe dropping 5 psi might help. Should have bought that Caddy I guess.