TPMS reprogramming tip

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

minytrker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very, very easy to use. I bought several cheaper ones that didnt work well and finally bought this one and never had a single issue on any vehicle since.

Addicted

Reaction score
I'll add my experience from today. I had one dead sensor, which I easily replaced myself. Yes, i replaced one sensor. I know, maybe foolish not doing all four.

Anyway, after replacing the bad sensor, i tried and tried to get the sensors to relearn. The only one that would learn was the brand new one. Perhaps the other three have low batteries that wont learn. Who knows. If I rotated the tires and tried to relearn, I am guessing it wouldn't have worked (with or without one new sensor).

I was going to put three more sensors in, but the parts store didn't have any more in stock. At that point, I decided to go to WalMart and see if they could get them working. Sure enough, they got them programmed. No charge! I am happy! Now, I am curious to see how long the three "old" sensors continue to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Pretty sure there is no batteries inside the sensors. They work off a frequency. They are electronic so they can last as long as the truck or can last a few days, no real life expectancy on them. You will get difference answers from different sources. I just bought the programmer myself makes everything easier than airing up and then letting out air. Check amazon, ebay, summit, jegs for the programmer. Well worth it in my opinion even if you're not a mechanic and use it often. Never know maybe your friends will be able to use it some as well.

AppocAlexx

Darth Appocalexx
Reaction score
Right, I went to a local shop to see if they could reset mine real quick and they wanted to set an appointment then he said there would be a charge but he couldn't tell me how much up front. I looked at him and said if you go get the programmer ill show you how to do it, ill even do it for you, it only take 3 minutes. He just repeated his bs and I didn't say a word I just walked out and will never go back.

Its little things like this that a service writer can do for free with very little time that would make the customer come back or they can get guys like me that know just how easy it is and they are just trying to suck you in for bs. Dick weeds. I just bought my own at that point and will never have to worry about it again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh