TPMS on start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get the "check tire pressure" on my DIC every time on start up,....because,...well frankly, I dont have any. So is there a way to permanently turn off the notification at the DIC ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get the "check tire pressure" on my DIC every time on start up,....because,...well frankly, I dont have any. So is there a way to permanently turn off the notification at the DIC ?
Short answer is no. It's a safety feature and can't be turned off. There are workarounds though. Some guys get a PVC tube and put 4 sensors inside and install an air valve, then pressurize it. There's youtube videos on that. There's companies that sell "spoofers" but I don't know anybody that's bought one. If you know somebody with a Tech 2 and Tis2000 subscription, I've seen a video where it's possible to remove the BCM with the Tech 2 and then install a European BCM and those have the option to say there's no TPMS on the vehicle. (You don't have to physically remove and install anything). I myself somehow disabled mine on my 08 CC when I was removing fuses from the under hood fuse box one by one and replacing them. I don't know how I managed to disable it- I wasn't trying to but it happened. I have no sensors in my wheels. It's been off for over a month and the battery has been disconnected several times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons