Tpms issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does it work?
No that’s why imma go to the shop tomorrow and see if they can figure it out like I said they said they had to reprogram the truck computer or something like that

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My tire shop changed two TPMS sensors and did not have to reprogram the computer. Well, they managed to mess up the location of all the sensors and two or three of them read blank or 148psi. It wasn't until I took a pause and did it again in the morning exactly as the instructions stated that it worked out for me. There were two other GM vehicles in the shop at the time, being driven in and worked on, and it is quite possible that their signals from their remotes interfered with the operation; GM talks about this in a TSB.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is a quick update turns out the shop I went to to have them install my tire sensors didn’t even install the sensors.all they did was change the stem .I went back today and at first he tried to tell me that they did change them but when I showed him the pictures of the old sensors the other shop pulled and shown me they changed your story. then all of a sudden the ones I gave them to put on somehow ended up in the back of the shop. then they tried to tell me that the sensor And the stem is one unit and cannot be separated so there is no way They just changed the stem. long story short I got my new sensors back and I’m going to try again Monday

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
So here is a quick update turns out the shop I went to to have them install my tire sensors didn’t even install the sensors.all they did was change the stem .I went back today and at first he tried to tell me that they did change them but when I showed him the pictures of the old sensors the other shop pulled and shown me they changed your story. then all of a sudden the ones I gave them to put on somehow ended up in the back of the shop. then they tried to tell me that the sensor And the stem is one unit and cannot be separated so there is no way They just changed the stem. long story short I got my new sensors back and I’m going to try again Monday

Not going back there. For anything. Ever. This is the kind of thing that deserves a review on EVERY platform you have access to. Damn. Sorry, bro. That sucks.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

This right here ^^^^^ is exactly why I do my own stunts and if I don't have the right tools to do my own stunts then I stand there and watch them do the work.... if they won't let me watch then I will take my business elsewhere.

OP
OP
George Owens

George Owens

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: so the sensors that I order and was new somehow was dead, got my money back for those....it’s not mandatory in my state for it to be functional but it would of been nice to get that light off, it’s not that important so put it off for now

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
George, One thing we didn't ask is what are the new sensors that you purchased? Are they OEM with a GM part number or aftermarket?

I have three GM part numbers that work on my 2009, 25920615, 13598771 and 13586335. The latter is the number from my owner's manual.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
George, One thing we didn't ask is what are the new sensors that you purchased? Are they OEM with a GM part number or aftermarket?

I have three GM part numbers that work on my 2009, 25920615, 13598771 and 13586335. The latter is the number from my owner's manual.

Just to piggyback on this since I was at the dealer last week about this...

My original part number was 13586335 and they've now replaced it with the new part number 13598771 for my 2007.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT