Tow mirror trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Hi all, I just got some Amazon OE-style tow mirrors and installed them last night. Driving around today, I realized there was something wrong with the driver's side mirror - even with the glass adjusted all the way outward, all I could see was the side of the truck. It was pretty much unusable. I took a closer look and it appears the angles and of the driver's side and passenger side mirror are different. I don't have a protractor to measure it but I estimate that the driver's side is at least 10 degrees closer to the truck than the passenger side.

Then I folded them both inward. Take a look at the pics. The passenger side leaves a good 3-4 inches between the mirror and door when folded fully inward. The driver's side is nearly touching the door. So both the folded and unfolded stop points of the mirror are too far inward. I can push the mirror out but it just springs back to it's preset stop point.

I've contacted the Amazon seller to see if he'd be willing to exchange just the one side, but in the meantime, is this something that is adjustable by me? Thanks all

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have same ones from eBay. Your passenger side mirror is not right. Send them a photo, get a replacement.

OP
OP
MichaelSE

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
I have same ones from eBay. Your passenger side mirror is not right. Send them a photo, get a replacement.

Thanks. I've already returned them, I pulled them apart and found no way to adjust the stop points. The weird thing is that the passenger side gave me a great field of view, it was the driver's side that was the problem.

xjsc16x

Reaction score
...just got some Amazon OE-style tow mirrors and installed them...

Think I found your problem

Not to knock Amazon, but I feel like most of the cheap stuff on there is worse even than Ebay knockoffs. My dad bought some cheap tow mirrors of this style off Amazon to put on his OBS. Neither of the motors to adjust the mirrors worked at all, and they shake like mad on the highway. Basically unusable.

-JC

OP
OP
MichaelSE

MichaelSE

2010 2500
Reaction score
Think I found your problem

Not to knock Amazon, but I feel like most of the cheap stuff on there is worse even than Ebay knockoffs. My dad bought some cheap tow mirrors of this style off Amazon to put on his OBS. Neither of the motors to adjust the mirrors worked at all, and they shake like mad on the highway. Basically unusable.

-JC

Yeah, I think I'll order my next set from a reputable seller/manufacturer, even if it costs a bit more. Do you have any suggestions for where to buy quality NNBS tow mirrors?

Reaction score
Yeah, I think I'll order my next set from a reputable seller/manufacturer, even if it costs a bit more. Do you have any suggestions for where to buy quality NNBS tow mirrors?

I'll trade you mine for your non tow mirrors?

The_Burban

Full Access Member
Reaction score
eBay again for me.

Once you get a price from your dealership, you will see eBay being a nice alternative. While I like to mod my vehicles, I can only handle so many $500 mirror sets, etc.. knowing they come from the same factory in China.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs