Tow hook mod FINALLY complete / Instructions & Pics (Pic Heavy)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeffer09

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Tcm

Can you tell me the dealer in a private message that fixed your TCM? I can't reply to your private message until I hsve 10 posts. If you could leave me your number in a private message, I can call you quickly. Thanks ahead of time!

damitchell

Reaction score
Ohhhh so nice!! I have been wanting to do this before I head north over the xmas holidays (snow). I ordered the two part numbers and wasn't surprised by the sticker.... $278.00.

My Denali is 4WD so hopefully will never need these but think they are a must.

Agree its stupid to have a 70K+ vehicle and they skimp on this... AND,,, no overhead cabin light illuminating the rear cargo area.. (behind 3rd row)... I purchased the LED overhead light console over the 2nd row seat from the dealer and plan to exnned the wire back to the hatch and install it there..

damitchell

Reaction score
I just got my parts in today for this... when I was driving into the lot I noticed all the Sierras have a plastic/rubber like shield that fits snug around the tow hook and sits flush behind the new bumper cover (with the tow hook holes). Did you get that with yours or just left holes open? I asked the parts guys and they couldn't even locate the part in question using the sierra pick up. with snow and ice up north,, would like to cover that hole and guess going to make one from scratch using the old bumper panel or something soft and pliable...

damitchell

Reaction score
Ok thanks for posting this as it was a huge help. Those tabs are indeed tough to get in and out. My addition to the original post would be to second his comments on the tabs... the two in the center can be tough to get back in. On the lights.. I only removed the white plastic clip and was able to push the chrome plastic bezel and the light out enough to do this project. I didn't have to unbolt the lights.
I would also say when I removed the white clips from the tabs on the fog light chrome bezel... I knew right away I was going to break one of them. They are very thin and weak. I also broke one of the chrome tabs off putting them back on. Take his advise and go slow,, put one tab in at a time with a flathead or panel tool. If you do it that way, don't get in a rush, you might not break one. Mine appear to be ok without them but they are a little loose now so I am going to call the dealer to see what that's going to cost me...

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
"#2 - Remove the chrome fog light bezels. They just have one inboard plastic clip that needs to be released. It is on the inboard side of the trim - where it snaps through the fascia. There is one small 7 mm bolt behind them that mounts the bezel to the fog light. After the clip is removed and the bolt is removed, the chrome bezel just pops right out."

Anyone have pics of removing the chrome trim around the fog lights?

gonatee

Reaction score
80k and they don't come with tow hooks! GM is just screwing customers.. cheep bastards. I'm embarrassed driving this cheep pos

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
80k and they don't come with tow hooks! GM is just screwing customers.. cheep bastards. I'm embarrassed driving this cheep pos

Aerodynamics, esthetics, yeah, they are optional.

chicagofan00

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anybody recall if the tow hook kit is supposed to come with nuts for the bolts? Mind didn't. Anybody know what size they are?

I don't recall what size they are but my kit came with everything in order to complete the installation.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm - I like this mod - thanks for sharing. I haven't used cruise in over a decade so I may do this........

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ckylec