Torsion bar to coilover conversion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know if anybody's posted about this yet or not I'm sure they probably have I'm new to finding out about it and I've had a Tahoe for over 10 years now and hated the torsion bars the whole entire time and then one day I just scrolled across this dude that makes some brackets you throw into the a arm and into the Top shock mount and bolt a coilover to it all you have to do is drill two holes in your frame to support the top mount then a few bolts looks like something you could do in a few hours maybe a half a day on a weekend and I think he said you can do it all for under a thousand bucks as well. http://www.atomicfabandperformance.com/
Go take a look. It's www.atomicfabandperformance.com like I said I'm sure there's a few threads probably in here somewhere about it already but I didn't come across to me so maybe some people haven't seen it yet and I figured I would let him know if they read this

Chubbs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a 20-page thread on this mod right here at TYF. The install, parts & tools required, a lengthy testimonial and diary that the original poster kept updated on the regular with all of the settings & adjustments made, the resulting ride quality & handling characteristics.

the conversion setup by atomic is proven effective and highly rated by his customers. I mean anybody could fab something to attach a coil over strut but he supposedly offers close customer interaction with technical support and the parts required per application, which goes a long way.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ryan Buck

Ryan Buck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ryan Buck
#newbie
#slowtheroll

http://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/coil-over-conversion-installed.59830/

Here it is, about the 10th posting down below yours.
Do you know if anybody has done this conversion using a set of King shocks or Fox? I want to do it to mine but I take mine off road a lot and beat the shit out of it and when I look at that little teeny coilovers that they are putting in them I don't know if I wanted use those. We race trophy trucks and are coilovers are like 4 feet long and 4 inches around LOL so when I see those ones made by qa1 they look like something off the back of a bicycle.

unsabotage

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you know if anybody has done this conversion using a set of King shocks or Fox? I want to do it to mine but I take mine off road a lot and beat the shit out of it and when I look at that little teeny coilovers that they are putting in them I don't know if I wanted use those. We race trophy trucks and are coilovers are like 4 feet long and 4 inches around LOL so when I see those ones made by qa1 they look like something off the back of a bicycle.
I know this is somewhat late but I just got a 2002 tahoe z71 and would love to do the conversion but the vikings AFP look iffy. Would prefer some fox or king shocks instead. Have you had some installed since you last commented this? If so, howd it go?

redvette33

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm interested in the Atomic and if I could run fox or King also. If not I was going to look into JD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC