Torsion bar removal from lca

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jazz

Reaction score
Hey all, I just want to make sure that I got this procedure down for removing the torsion bars from the lower control arms. It's my understanding that all you have to do is jack it up loosen the torsion bolts all the way and then remove the crossmember and slide it out is that right?could somebody verify that for me? I want to make sure that I get all my ducks in a row before I attempt the entire procedure.

CdnDenali

Reaction score
I'm sure you'll need a torsion bar unloading tool before you proceed...

OP
OP
J

Jazz

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply.

It was actually a lot easier than I thought. I jacked up the truck and used a socket wrench on the torsion bolts and loosened them until they came out. (Spray painted them first so I could tell how far they were in) and when I removed the LCA, the just slid out.

It was kinda cool reinstalling the bolts after I replaced all the front end components. I used an impact and you could see the front of the truck lifting. (It's the little things)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckeyeglazier