torque wrench recommendations (for my SS brake line installation)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

heftylefty58

Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to install stainless steel brake lines (and speed bleeders) on my 2003 Yukon Denali, and my manual indicates torque specs ranging from ~6 - 30 ft lb (or 9 - 40 N m).

If you have recommendations or advice regarding torque wrenches, I'd appreciate your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
interested in this also, been debating getting one

WickedGoat

Reaction score
Snap On may be pretty good, but you are going to pay for it. I have an SK and a Harbor Freight torque wrench. I also have used a KD wrench as well. For the home DIY that may not use it very often, check out the harbor freight or Craftsman torque wrenches. When they go on sale, grab one. They do pretty well and can take a fair amount of abuse. As for any TQ wrench, when you are done using it, always spin the wrench adjustment all the way back..... This is better for the spring mechanism inside the handle that maintains the TQ settings. If you want to go for the gusto, any Snap On, Matco or MAC will do the job, including a number on your wallet.

04Hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 3/8 and 1/2 in Craftsman and have no complaints.

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a craftsman beam type (so OG but can never be uncalibrated, and also can do the torque + ___ degree fasteners easier)
tools-for-the-diy-auto-mechanic-the-torque-wrench.jpg

And I have a harbor freight clicker type for wheel nuts and other daily use.
anything under 20 I just do by hand, like those speed bleeders.

Last edited: