Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it sure seemed bigger when I parked next to it, Suburban size is how it felt to me, but I didn't drive it since it was just being delivered at that time

Well they do have a Suburban size one, the Expedition EL.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well they do have a Suburban size one, the Expedition EL.

yes but the regular Expedition is longer than the Tahoe, but shorter than a Suburban

2018 Expedition is 210.5 Length 2018 Tahoe is 203.9 Length, 2018 Suburban is 224 Length

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One month UPDATE-
All the buffering is back. I'm just about done with GM customer service. they closed my case and will not do anything more for me.

Time to go to the NY International auto show next week and see whats next for me

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this Matt, how is the transmission? What was the supposed fix for the buffeting?

The transmission seems fine, it never was much of an issue for me honestly, I thought it was sweet irony that the second dealer I took it to wa so quick to rear the transmission apart and basically replace the whole thing under warranty, but would not address the TSB for buffering. And GM has washed their hands with the whole thing.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read that link and it shows how to keep the roof sheet metal from moving around. Are you saying that they've done that and it's still buffeting? More adhesive and more weight or a way to thicken the roof panel would be my next avenues of approach.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989