Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slyhall

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
And you can really notice with very light pedal or cruising at 50mph. Also I do have a Range AFM disabler and purchase some replica 22" wheels and tires feels the same. It still vibrates in neutral at that speed too

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright Matt, six days later, how she doing?

James, it’s definetly not the cure all, it’s better, but the buffering certainly still there and I’m not satisfied at all.

Still going back and forth with GM. If they tell me to take it to another dealer one more time I might lose it.

Might be time to go shopping and check out the competition soon

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are very nice. I looked at one last month. Its TOO big for us. I really wish there was something bigger than an Explorer and smaller than the Expedition. Also its EXPENSIVE, and since its brand new and they cannot make them fast enough( they just opened another shift to work 24hrs a day), the lease rates are horrible.

Ironically my Motor Trend came yesterday- very interesting comparison test in the is issue

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/chev...e-durango-vs-toyota-sequoia-vs-nissan-armada/

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
James, it’s definetly not the cure all, it’s better, but the buffering certainly still there and I’m not satisfied at all.

So the one issue was solved by the transmission being rebuilt and converter replaced and the buffeting is still a problem?

We had this issue with the local cadillac dealer. I don't think it was their fault though. When my wife drove our van, the input clutch piston would BANG going into second gear. Didn't happen to me or the mechanics because of the way we drove. After picking the car up, we drove around back to the mechanic's bay and had him sit up front while my wife drove it and before we made it out of the parking lot he knew what was wrong and how to fix it. The guy is a great mechanic and that dealership has won me over for things I cannot do myself. Incidentally, that was 1 mile before our warranty expired too! Whew!

So the message of my story is to drive around back and talk to the folks who turn the wrenches. Works for me every time.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes they are very nice. I looked at one last month. Its TOO big for us.

They are not any bigger than the Tahoe/Yukon, are they?

My wife had a Durango before her Yukon's. We felt that was an amazing rig. No complaints at all with it. It was just a bit on the small side for our wants/needs.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So the one issue was solved by the transmission being rebuilt and converter replaced and the buffeting is still a problem?

We had this issue with the local cadillac dealer. I don't think it was their fault though. When my wife drove our van, the input clutch piston would BANG going into second gear. Didn't happen to me or the mechanics because of the way we drove. After picking the car up, we drove around back to the mechanic's bay and had him sit up front while my wife drove it and before we made it out of the parking lot he knew what was wrong and how to fix it. The guy is a great mechanic and that dealership has won me over for things I cannot do myself. Incidentally, that was 1 mile before our warranty expired too! Whew!

So the message of my story is to drive around back and talk to the folks who turn the wrenches. Works for me every time.

I not sure what to do next to be honest. The GM cust service rep I've been talking to has called the dealership for me, and she is not getting anywhere. she told me to go to another dealer and I said NO WAY, this is the 2nd dealer I've gone to- I am tired of being inconvenienced

if I could sell the Tahoe and not take too much of a lose I would do it tomorrow.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are not any bigger than the Tahoe/Yukon, are they?

My wife had a Durango before her Yukon's. We felt that was an amazing rig. No complaints at all with it. It was just a bit on the small side for our wants/needs.

it sure seemed bigger when I parked next to it, Suburban size is how it felt to me, but I didn't drive it since it was just being delivered at that time

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Like I said, forget the reps and service writers and talk to the GIBs (Guys in Back). I've done it more than a few times and has always worked.

Now as to the buffeting. With all the complaints across the internet, what is the solution? Is it something you CAN fix yourself and be done with the headaches or dealers? If all it took was a tube of RTV between the headliner and roof I'd be at it before you read this sentence.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne