Torque Converter

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the Torque Converter is covered under the powertrain warranty?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it should be but I guess it could depend on who you got the warranty thru some of these warranty companies are pretty shiesty.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it should be but I guess it could depend on who you got the warranty thru some of these warranty companies are pretty shiesty.

factory warranty- Powertrain is to 100K miles

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what issues where you experiencing prior to the replacement? and has the replacement fixed the issue?
Harsh vibration/shuddering at varying speeds. Replacing the torque converter has resolved the issue.

OP
OP
LI Tahoe

LI Tahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So here is my update- well no update.

after my dealer cancelled by Jan 2 appointment because they were too busy. It was rescheduled for Monday Jan15.

perfect timing I thought since I was going out of town on business trip-

well as of today January 19 it has not been looked at. YES 5 days at the dealer sitting there doing NOTHING, now I'm back from my trip with no vehicle and I will be out the money to rent a car. I called GM with my case # and had this escalated to a senior adviser who was supposed to call me Thursday. Guess what? NO CALL and all I get is voice mail when I get her extension.

Over the last 30 years I have owned just about every make of car. including, Jeep, Chevrolet, Dodge, Acura, BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, Lexus, and I have never dealt with worse service at the local dealer level and at a corporate level.

its really just pitiful

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the ZL1/CTS-V torque converter will work in those K2s? GMPartsDirect had them on sale for more than 50% off the other day. PN# 24242552

It's a GM part with a warranty.

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We have replaced 3 so far at the dealership I work at. No big deal to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe