TOO LOW FOR DD ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thats great to know. One of my biggest concerns with dropping was towing.

The popular shock/springs are the Blistein's. Assuming this combo is what you would recommend. Bags sound expensive. Do they make the ride that much better than aftermarket shocks? How is the longevity?

robsan1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2/4"will be fine thats what my 2010 yukon has i tow a 3 ton travel trailer steep driveways etc drive at angle

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I always thought that 2WD trucks could pull more because of the weight. 4WD weighs more, therefore the recommended strain on the axle, driveshaft, drive-train, etc. translates that you can pull more with a 2WD because the truck is lighter and it frees up more weight for the trailer.
Apparently I have been thinking wrong.

PR RAY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Right. They just sit inside the rear coil springs

What size tires are you running on those 26s? I plan on a 2/3 drop on 26s. Trying to decide between 255/30/26 or 295/30/26. Don't want to rub on the windshield washer reservoir.

mizzouguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I DD with a 2/3 drop and have no issues, just have to be a little more mindful of steep driveways and take them at an angle. I also tow a heavy enclosed trailer occasionally and it rides on the bumpstops so I'd suggest helper bags and/or free travel mod.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size tires are you running on those 26s? I plan on a 2/3 drop on 26s. Trying to decide between 255/30/26 or 295/30/26. Don't want to rub on the windshield washer reservoir.
My tires are 295/30R26 and the only thing that the tire gets close to is that washer fluid tank. I moved it up a little so I have no issues. I also heated up the plastic fender wells and molded them with a rubber mallet for extra clearance.

Last edited:

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The helper bags ride a little stiff if you're not towing and have more than about 8 lbs of air in them but are still a life saver when you have something heavy behind you.

PR RAY

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My tires are 295/35R26 and the only thing that the tire gets close to is that washer fluid tank. I moved it up a little so I have no issues. I also heated up the plastic fender wells and molded them with a rubber mallet for extra clearance.
Thanks KBones. I can't wait to lower mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018