TOO LOW FOR DD ??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL I'm actually planning to put my tires on top of the car, thats how low I want to go lol. Joke but thanks to NORCALL SS and you all, I understand truck suspension much more and importance of bagging. I am leaning to no drop for now and just shocks and sway bar. Assumption that 2" drop in rear alone will be minimal improvement unlike the real drops like 2/3+ that you guys are doing.

Hope this feedback is helping others on the fence about how low they want to go.

NeverSatisfied

eBay Baller
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In all seriousness a 2/3 drop with upgraded swaybars and a helper bag kit and you'll have a great dd with a awesome stance

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, I believe yaw but my pockets require Ido this in partition. Aiming for shocks and sway bars. During income tax in a year or 2, i'll do the drop and bags at the same time. I would do it all at once but need to prepare for anything that can come up.

But Ideal setup sounds like 2/3 drop with bags and Bilsteins all over. JDM sway bars seems like the way to go. Cheaper than the rest and great reviews.

inmypassatlife

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3/5" drop with 24's on 305/35/r24 plenty of guys like myself use this as our DD and plenty of us also tow. do it right and don't worry about it.

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My DD has 3/5 drop with 26's and I love it. Just get quality parts and your ride won't suffer

Last edited:

Big Buttons

The SS Burb
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I daily a 4/6 on my race burb. Work in an off road type environment also.... no problems.

OP
OP
M

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have to remember this is a truck not a car that is already kind of low. Helper bags do not make you lose anything like spare tire right?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have to remember this is a truck not a car that is already kind of low. Helper bags do not make you lose anything like spare tire right?
Nope

KBones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right. They just sit inside the rear coil springs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne