Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Honestly I never noticed it before. This noise started about 2-3 days ago. This is the first time I noticed it, while I was looking. Driver side is completely flush.

Hm could just be how they are then, I’d second what has been said before could be a bad rocker or something in the head

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hm could just be how they are then, I’d second what has been said before could be a bad rocker or something in the head

Sumo suggested to pull the oil fill cap and listen for any noise from under the vc, I didn't hear anything strange.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sumo suggested to pull the oil fill cap and listen for any noise from under the vc, I didn't hear anything strange.

That’s definitely good then, maybe pull the fender liner so u can get a look at the bottom of the headers could be a gap in the center on the bottom if that’s where your hearing the sound or use an inspection camera

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s definitely good then, maybe pull the fender liner so u can get a look at the bottom of the headers could be a gap in the center on the bottom if that’s where your hearing the sound or use an inspection camera

That's a good idea about pulling the liner. I wish I had one of those cameras tho.

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a good idea about pulling the liner. I wish I had one of those cameras tho.

If you end up having to do the gasket you’ll need to anyways to possibly get at some of the bolts and plugs, might be able to grab a cheap one somewhere, Home Depot has a nice one but it’s around $200 I think

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Get a BBQ lighter and light it and move the flame around the gasket area... if it blows out, you have an exhaust leak.

I would do this with A/C off and engine cold to hopefully keep the cooling fans off Or use something to block the air from blowing out the flame.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Oem gaskets or what I used felpro gaskets with some copper gasket spray. Felpro is nice because the ends have hooks so it’s a sure alignment when installing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu