Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We had some warm weather today, so I decided to do the brakes. The rear pass side was metal on metal, but you couldn't even tell. No grinding or squealing noise was present. Weird.View attachment 191624 View attachment 191625
Just replaced the rotor, greased everything and it's good to go.
I also took a tip from Red, and painted the calipers. Red of course. Needed a little change.View attachment 191626 View attachment 191627 View attachment 191628

Thinking about painting mine red as well. I painted them black with high heat caliper paint the last time I did my rear brakes. But when I upgraded my front brakes to the NNBS brakes last year, I ordered the red powder coated Powerstop calipers. So I have red calipers on the front and black on the rear. The good thing about the power coating is that not much brake dust sticks to them. They actually look clean "most" of the time. IMG_20170209_173250296.jpg

ScottyBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope you're feeling better. This strain of flu going around is pretty bad. Take care of yourself.

My wife just got out the hospital yesterday afternoon. But not because of the flu, she had a bad bleeding stomach ulcer. Thankfully the doctors were able to cauterize it and stop the bleeding, and released her the following day. Oh, and I am probably hurting more than she is right now. Try sleeping one those uncomfortable ass couches in a hospital room that folds down into a makeshift bed. My back is absolutely killing me now.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
My wife just got out the hospital yesterday afternoon. But not because of the flu, she had a bad bleeding stomach ulcer. Thankfully the doctors were able to cauterize it and stop the bleeding, and released her the following day. Oh, and I am probably hurting more than she is right now. Try sleeping one those uncomfortable ass couches in a hospital room that folds down into a makeshift bed. My back is absolutely killing me now.
That sounds horrible. Glad she's ok. Ulcers are no joke. Last time I slept on one of those makeshift beds my back killed me too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylesimmons