Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know buddy, Np. I'll try to talk to my buddy and ask how /what he did to get them out.
If he did it with the motor out it probably won't help me. All the videos show it with the heads off.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
If he did it with the motor out it probably won't help me. All the videos show it with the heads off.
I used a mig welder. I zapped it 10-12 times to build up the weld on the broken studs in the head. The heat will help extract the bolt. I had to do one of the studs a few times cause I broke the weld off a few times. It takes some patience which I do not have. But I am cheep lol so I Did my best with some choice words !!!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used a mig welder. I zapped it 10-12 times to build up the weld on the broken studs in the head. The heat will help extract the bolt. I had to do one of the studs a few times cause I broke the weld off a few times. It takes some patience which I do not have. But I am cheep lol so I Did my best with some choice words !!!
Was there room to do the rear ones? I've seen guys do that trick until there's enough sticking out to weld a nut on, then use a socket to remove the stud.

#1taho

5150TAHO
Reaction score
I used vice grips. But the nut idea. Works also.

It was tight on the passenger side but got it. Like I said. Takes patience!!!!and your going to need it lol

MadDogDelpho

Texcellent
Reaction score
I've also seen guys use jb weld on a stick, but that wouldn't help for the rear bolts

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok, I've been forgetting to update my build thread. I had my trans go out. I only had 1St and 2nd gear only. Had a guy rebuild my trans. First he told me 2-3 days--2 1/2 weeks later I get it back. Shift kit, vette servo, Kevlar bands, etc, etc and I don't notice anything. Doesn't feel right, exhaust doesn't even sound the same to me. It feels like a stock motor to me! A gutless, noisy truck! Trans guy put the scanner on, and the tps is getting 0.0 volts. Of course he's never seen that before, and it shouldn't even be running. I'm at a loss. IMAG2560.jpg
I replaced the pigtail to correct the reduced engine power issue. So now I need to save some $$ and bring it to someone who knows what they're doing, and it's not gonna be cheap!