Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It may not go into Limp Mode if the fault happens while the truck's not moving. If you can see a real-time display of what the sensors are telling the PCM, that'd be the way to track it down. Even a scan tool with freeze frame capability should help if a code is set when it happens. It'd be awesome if that Bluetooth one can do real-time so you can watch your phone as you mess around under the hood.

So technically, tony can put it in drive with emergency brake on and wheels chocked or someone sitting in the truck with brake on and wiggle those wires and it should go into limp mode (if thats the prob) or does he have to be going over a certain speed? Serious question....

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So technically, tony can put it in drive with emergency brake on and wheels chocked or someone sitting in the truck with brake on and wiggle those wires and it should go into limp mode (if thats the prob) or does he have to be going over a certain speed? Serious question....
Good question.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That I don't know. That's why I said it MAY not go into limp mode- I was guessing. I know that the BCM would know that it's in D and that the parking brake is on and it may ignore the fault still. But, I doubt it. I'd try it. Hell, I'd put the rear on jack stands and let the wheels spin with it idling in D. But, it may still know that something is up because it won't see the front wheels turning. Still, I'd try it. It's worth a shot if the TPS harness doesn't fix it.

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That I don't know. That's why I said it MAY not go into limp mode- I was guessing. I know that the BCM would know that it's in D and that the parking brake is on and it may ignore the fault still. But, I doubt it. I'd try it. Hell, I'd put the rear on jack stands and let the wheels spin with it idling in D. But, it may still know that something is up because it won't see the front wheels turning. Still, I'd try it. It's worth a shot if the TPS harness doesn't fix it.
Thank you

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Getting the rust repair redone. Supposedly he cut out a piece of metal, and I'd assume welded in another piece, hopefully. IMAG2216.jpg
Here's a progress pic of the hood. They took care of the surface rust and filled it in. IMAG2213.jpg
Can't wait. IMAG2212.jpgGot my pigtail in for the tps, but it's the wrong one. Now I need to buy the right one! IMAG2215.jpgMy obd module came in. I might try to pair it with an old small tablet I have, to display the stats. Looks really good. 51THdOVrCrL._SY400_.jpg

95escahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting the rust repair redone. Supposedly he cut out a piece of metal, and I'd assume welded in another piece, hopefully. View attachment 82429
Here's a progress pic of the hood. They took care of the surface rust and filled it in. View attachment 82430
Can't wait. View attachment 82431Got my pigtail in for the tps, but it's the wrong one. Now I need to buy the right one! View attachment 82432My obd module came in. I might try to pair it with an old small tablet I have, to display the stats. Looks really good. View attachment 82433

What's the plan for the front bumper going to dip it black?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14