Tonyrodz's Tahoe Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Thx guys .you've got to see the looks I get from some people at lights and people who are walking! Lol, especially old people. Sometimes people ask my gf, complaining, why is it so loud? Sometimes people give me a dirty look when I'm stopped at a light. F$&% them! That's what I say.
:mad::893Chainsaw-Smilie-
Oh yeah, little dogs hate it, I scare small children and geese! F$#@ 'em! The best thing tho: gf can't sneak up on me!!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I finally put those fake plumbing /center caps on my rims. If you didn't know, you wouldn't look twice. I used silicone, so hopefully it'll stand up to centrifical forces and heat with no problems. If I miss 1 or 2, I bought spares.IMAG2203.jpg IMAG2206.jpg
I also fixed some peeling issues with the dip on a few rims. I used a new razor blade and cut out the peeling dip, instead of peeling it all off. After that I just resprayed the dip. Good enough. Sorry, no pics on that.
I also ordered some led high beams. 51DvHAR3M1L._SS98_.jpg
Wireless obd scanner. It'll let me see what's going on much better. 413S06jb20L._SS98_.jpg
And I ordered the tps replacement pigtail. I'm hoping this is what's causing my reduced engine power issue. It's really random, but still annoying and I don't want it to become a dangerous issue. 41eF6u1U8fL._SS196_.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I finally put those fake plumbing /center caps on my rims. If you didn't know, you wouldn't look twice. I used silicone, so hopefully it'll stand up to centrifical forces and heat with no problems. If I miss 1 or 2, I bought spares.View attachment 82222 View attachment 82223
I also fixed some peeling issues with the dip on a few rims. I used a new razor blade and cut out the peeling dip, instead of peeling it all off. After that I just resprayed the dip. Good enough. Sorry, no pics on that.
I also ordered some led high beams. View attachment 82224
Wireless obd scanner. It'll let me see what's going on much better. View attachment 82225
And I ordered the tps replacement pigtail. I'm hoping this is what's causing my reduced engine power issue. It's really random, but still annoying and I don't want it to become a dangerous issue. View attachment 82226
I didn't know you were having that problem, that sucks. I hope you get it figured out. Nice job on the wheels, that looks way better!

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I didn't know you were having that problem, that sucks. I hope you get it figured out. Nice job on the wheels, that looks way better!
Thx Red. I wiggled the he'll out of that yellow wire that you mentioned in another post, but nothing happened. I couldn't get it to go in limp mode. I figured I'd might as well just get it.

W8TVI

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally put those fake plumbing /center caps on my rims. If you didn't know, you wouldn't look twice. I used silicone, so hopefully it'll stand up to centrifical forces and heat with no problems. If I miss 1 or 2, I bought spares.View attachment 82222 View attachment 82223
I also ordered some led high beams. View attachment 82224
Wireless obd scanner. It'll let me see what's going on much better. View attachment 82225
And I ordered the tps replacement pigtail. I'm hoping this is what's causing my reduced engine power issue. It's really random, but still annoying and I don't want it to become a dangerous issue. View attachment 82226
What LEDs did you get?

I'm thinking about getting a set for my projectors to try out, but I want a set that are rated for at least the same lumens as the 9011 HIRs I have in there.

When you get them I would be interested in seeing the beam pattern in comparison to the stock.

OP
OP
Tonyrodz

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
What LEDs did you get?

I'm thinking about getting a set for my projectors to try out, but I want a set that are rated for at least the same lumens as the 9011 HIRs I have in there.

When you get them I would be interested in seeing the beam pattern in comparison to the stock.
I'll def take a pic once they're in. I don't have the stockers in there now tho.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pikelk98