Tons of different issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ordered a Jet Performance module and i disconnected the battery and i plugged it in installation went fine but when I went to start it my dome lights don't come on, locks don't work, no door chime, but my radio, heat/ac controls work, i can hear the fuel pump working and clicking coming from the motor, my instrument cluster is even worse it has ABS light, check engine, the traction light, and it says: service Stabiltrack, service traction control, service 4wd system, service suspension system. Then i call jet sit on hold for 30 minutes get sent to voicemail, call again talk to a nice real person he said he's heard of this issue and i need to disconnect my battery (positive and negative) for 45 mins the anti theft system was engaged so the car is shut down so i do this not work so i do it again still work by the second time jet is closed and my car is down for my 16th. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated as I hoped to use the car I've been looking at sit for 10 months on my 16th..

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that module, what the hell is it? Can't you remove it? It's described as a rep!acement computer module- what was your intention when you bought it?

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never heard of that module, what the hell is it? Can't you remove it? It's described as a rep!acement computer module- what was your intention when you bought it?
It's supposed to be like a chip to boost performance, I bought it for throttle response and better shifting I removed still throws every car is still disabled

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: Mechanic is 7 hours in and says it most likely fried the computer, if you're buying one of these buy with caution.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
is it a plug in or did you have to send in your Pcm to have them modify it? I had one before on a 93 toyota pick up. Wasn't all to impressed with it. Can you communicate with your truck with a scan tool? But definatly sounds PCM went on vacation and isn't coming back

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is it a plug in or did you have to send in your Pcm to have them modify it? I had one before on a 93 toyota pick up. Wasn't all to impressed with it. Can you communicate with your truck with a scan tool? But definatly sounds PCM went on vacation and isn't coming back
plug and play thats what they're thinking I can't upload videos on here or id show everything that showed up, got towed away thank God for Triple A

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately with chips and programmers you are taking a chance as you found out. That's part of the reason I went with the more expensive option of an Autocal with Black Bear performance doing all the tuning and me just loading it. That way there is a person who I can talk to who is making changes to my truck in case something doesn't work out. Also the option to go back to stock. I've heard of people damaging their trannys and engines by changing stuff with their own tune. Hope for the best for you, sounds like an expensive lesson.

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately with chips and programmers you are taking a chance as you found out. That's part of the reason I went with the more expensive option of an Autocal with Black Bear performance doing all the tuning and me just loading it. That way there is a person who I can talk to who is making changes to my truck in case something doesn't work out. Also the option to go back to stock. I've heard of people damaging their trannys and engines by changing stuff with their own tune. Hope for the best for you, sounds like an expensive lesson.
thank ya i thought i was saving money but it will turn out to be way more expensive than a black bear tune.. Live and learn

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: The mechanic says it was the body control module that failed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PascalBlues