Toggling preset stations on steering wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just picked up a new (to me) 2015 Yukon Denali. I love this truck!

I've tried searching through the forum and Google but couldn't find the answer. Here's my question.

When listening to the radio (XM or FM), I would like to easily scroll through my preset stations on my steering wheel.
With up/down buttons on the right side, it'll go up/down to the next station but not through the presets. For example if I'm on 104.5 and go up, it'll go to 104.6 instead of my next preset.

With the up/down buttons on the left side on the back of the steering wheel, it works but it's really annoying. I can push either up or down, it'll take about a second to get into the mode where I can then press up/down to scroll through my presets. That part is kind of ok... but where it gets really annoying is when I go to a station, listen for 3 seconds and want to go to the next station only to start this whole process again because the screen times out taking me back to the beginning.

Is there a trick or hack that I'm missing? I'm coming from a 2010 Escalade where the steering wheel buttons allowed me to go up or down any time very easily as it should.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys!

I just picked up a new (to me) 2015 Yukon Denali. I love this truck!

I've tried searching through the forum and Google but couldn't find the answer. Here's my question.

When listening to the radio (XM or FM), I would like to easily scroll through my preset stations on my steering wheel.
With up/down buttons on the right side, it'll go up/down to the next station but not through the presets. For example if I'm on 104.5 and go up, it'll go to 104.6 instead of my next preset.

With the up/down buttons on the left side on the back of the steering wheel, it works but it's really annoying. I can push either up or down, it'll take about a second to get into the mode where I can then press up/down to scroll through my presets. That part is kind of ok... but where it gets really annoying is when I go to a station, listen for 3 seconds and want to go to the next station only to start this whole process again because the screen times out taking me back to the beginning.

Is there a trick or hack that I'm missing? I'm coming from a 2010 Escalade where the steering wheel buttons allowed me to go up or down any time very easily as it should.

Thanks in advance!

Mike

It take you back to the beginning? Sometimes mine goes BACK a station if I am scrolling through quickly but not the beginning.

Frankly there is such a lag using the screening wheel buttons that I just use the touch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
N

nammysu

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It take you back to the beginning? Sometimes mine goes BACK a station if I am scrolling through quickly but not the beginning.

Frankly there is such a lag using the screening wheel buttons that I just use the touch screen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If I do it quickly enough, I can scroll through my presets (or Favorites as they call it). But I need to be real quick which means I don't have enough time to decide if I want to stay on that station or move on. I'll even be happy if we can delay that timeout to 5 seconds instead of whatever it is now which is probably 1 or 2.

Yup, I've been using the touch screen which is ok... unless i'm using the NAV.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could change it in the cluster menu to either use favorite/presets or seek stations. When you use presets it will go to all your XM, Pandora, I-heart, XM and even Ipod song preset. You can use up to 60 presets.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it is laggy as hell so I just use android auto and play my music that way.
grab a motorola ma-1 and you can make it wireless instead