Today was a good day

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My cargo cover and new sun visors came in the mail. My XL was missing it's cargo cover when I bought it. And I like the 00-02 2 piece sun visors better than what came on my 06.

Also, I found someone semi-close (couple hours away) that will sell me the rear vent covers and complete luggage rack off an Escalade ESV for $60 total. Best of all, they're off a black Esky and look to be in great shape, so no need to paint (until I decide to body match the chrome). (Mine is a black 06 Yukon XL Denali.)

Put in the last LEDs after I swapped out my visors, and while I'm plagued by the dim visor lights and button-stitched lights due to not enough voltage, I'm still much happier having the bright white lights versus the stock yellowish lights.

That's it for today, but in the last couple weeks that I've owned the car (bought it on the 1st) I've debadged the rear, done a black front GMC emblem, added a bug shield and vent visors, replaced steering wheel controls, swapped in some Spyder altezza type taillight housings (including JDM led reverse lights), smoke 3rd brake light, 8k HID headlights, and blank chrome center caps. Oh, and a drop-in K&N air filter.

Soonish plans include swapping the brights and fog lights to HIDs, of course the Esky roof rack and rear vent covers, smoke Spec-D bumper lights plus leds, canbus leds to rectify the dim light issue, adding a backup camera to the stock nav screen once I can find a complete interface, fixing the rear dvd, deleting the cd changer and adding a pocket, leds in the cup holders, and the full recline seat mod.

Once I have more funds, I want to add a rhino push bar and a light bar on that. Probably swap the steering wheel for one out of an Escalade. Who knows what else. I'm obviously trying to stick with a mostly stock look. Until I listed it all, I didn't even realize all I'd done in just over 2 weeks. Lol. Love being here and reading about everyone else's mods.20170418_195600.jpg 20170413_192324.jpg 20170412_113727.jpg

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome.

The Denali XL is a sweet platform to work off of. Nice score on the appliqués and roof rack for that price and mods list moving forward.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Those look like the same visors I have on my 03. There's also plastic sun visors that slide out from the side of each visor. Got a pic of your 06 style? I didn't think there was a difference in the nbs yrs. Nice mods and Denali BTW.

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the modded xl section! I'm right there with you! Haha. Damn I wish I'd scored my esky racks and vent covers that cheap! You're practically stealing them haha. I was the same way when I'd bought mine. All I wanted to do to mine was the esky racks and a new head unit, and it's morphed into so much more! Careful with the mod bug, once you start you can't stop! Haha. Happy modding, my 2006 xl doesn't have a cargo cover either. I need to find one. Lol. Nice looking truck! Keep us updated!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome, guys. About 10-15 years ago I had a 92 Roadmaster, and I was just as into modding that car as I have been with the Yukon. My 2 Toyota SUVs in between? Nothing! Good, reliable cars, but not at all mod-inspiring for me. I like "full-bodied" V8 GMs ;-)

One major thing that has changed for me since owning the Roadmaster is that I've added 3 more kids to the 2 I had back then. More kids = less time and money for the car, but it still feels really good to be back in the game!

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those look like the same visors I have on my 03. There's also plastic sun visors that slide out from the side of each visor. Got a pic of your 06 style? I didn't think there was a difference in the nbs yrs. Nice mods and Denali BTW.

In the pic of the visors, the passenger one is actually still the original one. It doesn't have the second, smaller visor, and the whole thing slides on the pole is mounted to, rather than having a smaller, plastic slide-out piece. And the mirror on my original was a little bit smaller. It's almost like GM decided to cut costs with the mirrors at some point or something. Idk. Thanks for the compliments. Fortunately, it seems the PO really took pride in owning the truck, and took good care of it.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is a beautiful truck, I do wish I would have bought a denali or eski. But do love my truck.

Thanks. I'm definitely fond of it. And with 5 kids, 4 of which ride in it almost daily, getting the longer suv was a necessity. My husband has a little Colorado for driving back and forth to work, but I'd like to get him a little bigger 4wd truck in the next year or two. Preferably black. Then we can match. Lol.

And because I didn't update this thread after putting on the Esky racks and vent caps, here's a couple pics of her now ;-)

2017-04-23 14.33.38.jpg 2017-04-23 14.34.44.jpg

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Nice start. Curious if the Colorado is modded at all? Love seeing those done up.

OP
OP
XLDenali06

XLDenali06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice start. Curious if the Colorado is modded at all? Love seeing those done up.

No, it's "just a truck" for him. Gets him to and from work and hauls stuff we wouldn't or couldn't haul in or on the SUVs. His 3rd brake light was leaking water into the cab (worn out gasket), so I got him a clear LED brake light as a replacement. Lol. But that's it.

I'd like to get him either a 4x4 Silverado with a crew cab or maybe a 4x4 Tahoe or Yukon. Possibly even a crew cab Colorado in a 4x4. The gas mileage on his is great (manual transmission, 4 cylinder, and rwd), but we'd be happier with a 4wd that could carry a couple more people while still being able to haul "stuff" in the back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne