To delete or not to delete Z55 on 2013 Burb. F/R Coil spring part numbers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fireburban

Reaction score
I'm looking at possibly deleting my Z55 air ride or just running a Bilstien B8 5100 (height adj strut) up front with different front springs and replace the compressor with a Doorman unit and some Arnott AS-2700's rear air shocks to keep the rear air ride for towing.

My stock compressor and rear shocks are shot with only 60k... I pull a 32ft camper during the summer months, and I run 295/55/20 Ridge grapplers (used to run 305 Mud grapplers, wife hated them), so I need a leveling kit (to clear the tires) and air bags or something to help with towing.

I currently have a 1.5/2 in strut spacer and rear pucks for a leveling kit. I'd like to keep my same height but do it with new springs and shocks (5100's) instead of a spacer and puck as another cheaper option vs the air setup...

Anyone know if they make a raised rear (lift) spring for 07-13 burbs? I'd run them with 5100's and air bags for when I tow. From what I've read you need to replace the coils when you delete the air ride, just not sure if it's true and if it is what are the part numbers?.

I have looked at the Monroe conversion kit, but I'd rather put my own together because I'm not a Monroe fan, would rather have a kit with Bilstein 5100's.

Any info is appreciated, school me if I need it. I'm open to ideas, and experience from others. I know this has been discussed thoroughly, just not finding exactly what I'm looking for as far as part numbers for coil springs etc...

Thanks

20150524_090142.jpg

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
Just realized I put this in the wrong year section... I'll repost it in 07-14

No Tyme

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have pored over a couple of forums about the Z55 air suspension since I wanted a level lift for my Avalanche. I have read several posting that yes indeed you need to replace the rear coils if you remove the air assisted shocks. That is all I can attest to because I have a 2.5"/1" level lift and 5 years and 40,000 mile warranty on my 13 LTZ. I am not worried about my system failing because it will be covered.
My thought was if it did fail out of warranty I would go with Arnott replacement kit.

OP
OP
fireburban

fireburban

Reaction score
I have pored over a couple of forums about the Z55 air suspension since I wanted a level lift for my Avalanche. I have read several posting that yes indeed you need to replace the rear coils if you remove the air assisted shocks. That is all I can attest to because I have a 2.5"/1" level lift and 5 years and 40,000 mile warranty on my 13 LTZ. I am not worried about my system failing because it will be covered.
My thought was if it did fail out of warranty I would go with Arnott replacement kit.

I thought about the arnott kit also, but I ended up with 5100 bilstiens front and rear and new moog rear springs. Just decided to delete the system. Have a 2.5/1 level on it also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep