Tires stick out 2.5 left and 1.5 right. What?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HawkMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I noticed my tire tread was wearing on the outside of both front tires. Just got a 3.5 RC lift and 20x10 -12 wheels. Thought, ok need an alignment. Went to firestone and they said “you have some issue we need to deal with first.” They pointed out that the right side back tire is sticking out farther than the left back tire. Told me I need to get a rear axle track?? Also said the left control arm is rubbing on the frame. W.T.F.??

Um...so what is going on here? Have I caused major damage? I already need new front tires which have been driven on for 30 days.

I called my shop and will be taking it in Sunday. Giving them a shot before I take it to GM, but really don’t want to spend more to fix mistakes after I already dropped $3000 on lift, wheels, tires.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas, etc? I want to be prepared for when I deal with the shop.

2015 Tahoe LT 4x4
All tire pics below are left vs right. And left control arm. Right arm looks fine.

View attachment 185942 View attachment 185943 View attachment 185944 View attachment 185945 View attachment 185946
I noticed my tire tread was wearing on the outside of both front tires. Just got a 3.5 RC lift and 20x10 -12 wheels. Thought, ok need an alignment. Went to firestone and they said “you have some issue we need to deal with first.” They pointed out that the right side back tire is sticking out farther than the left back tire. Told me I need to get a rear axle track?? Also said the left control arm is rubbing on the frame. W.T.F.??

Um...so what is going on here? Have I caused major damage? I already need new front tires which have been driven on for 30 days.

SPohn Performance sells adjustable Pan Hard Rods, I have one on my lowered 2002 Tahoe.
I called my shop and will be taking it in Sunday. Giving them a shot before I take it to GM, but really don’t want to spend more to fix mistakes after I already dropped $3000 on lift, wheels, tires.

Anybody have any thoughts, ideas, etc? I want to be prepared for when I deal with the shop.

2015 Tahoe LT 4x4
All tire pics below are left vs right. And left control arm. Right arm looks fine.

View attachment 185942 View attachment 185943 View attachment 185944 View attachment 185945 View attachment 185946

HawkMD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Spohn Performance sells adjustable Pan Hard Rods that will fix your issue. I have on e on my lowered 2002 Tahoe.

FB_IMG_1473009284582.jpg

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the Spohn Performance adjustables fit the 2015+ models they are the way to go. Make sure you locktite the threads once you get everything set set. That will be get your axle re-centered to compensate for the lift. I know SP offers complete off-road packages that include the upper and lower rear control arms with adjustable length and del-sphere pivoting ends which are ideal. Again, not sure if they offer them for the 2015+ models but I highly recommend starting with them and see what makes sense for you.. and of course let us know what you find out!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spohn doesn't make the panhard bars for 2015 + GM SUV's unfortunately. At least not according to their website.

OP
OP
C

Colin S

Reaction score
Spohn doesn't make the panhard bars for 2015 + GM SUV's unfortunately. At least not according to their website.
Well shoot
Shoot. I ordered one from here - http://www.tbssowners.com/store/index.php?act=viewCat&catId=44

The description says 2007 and up - so I figured I should be good. Can anyone confirm the adj spohn track bar works on 2015 and up?

I plan to just take it to GM for install. No more shady tire/lift shop.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Colin. I did some research on this for you last night and I can't find any reasons as to why it would NOT work. Do you have the auto-leveling linkage that may connect to your panhard bar or can you take a couple photos of how things look under your truck?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Colin. I did some research on this for you last night and I can't find any reasons as to why it would NOT work. Do you have the auto-leveling linkage that may connect to your panhard bar or can you take a couple photos of how things look under your truck?
Thats a brotherhood right there....nice

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jhmjr