Time To Do My Brakes.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it does.

Cabbies love hybrids. Instead of doing their brakes about every 6 months, they get sometimes 2 years out of them. My wife's hybrid Camry has 108k miles on them and they look to be about 80% still. I have done the rears though.

We now return you to your regularly scheduled thread...

That’s really fascinating actually.

I just read up on regen and it appears they don’t apply regen to rear wheels as the torque could create instability etc

Cool

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. My wife got 208k out of her factory pads on her 02 Tahoe. The rear were toast but the fronts were still good.
Same here..I got over 200k miles out of my front pads from my 00.. I don't know what compound they used but it is damn near indestructible. I estimate 230k miles on them and they were still not to the wear indicators..just no bite left in them.

They literally don't build them like they used to..lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
factory pads will only last me 6 months 10k-15k, good aftermarket pads 1 yr 20k-25k

I got 85k on my 2013 factory brakes before I went slotted/drilled with ceramic pads. When I traded a few months ago with 110k it still stopped.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 85k on my 2013 factory brakes before I went slotted/drilled with ceramic pads. When I traded a few months ago with 110k it still stopped.
ya I am kind of rough on everything, cant even own a decent watch, what's funny is a cheapy ass timex will last me 2-3 years but a $1000 watch will get jacked up in 2-3 months

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s incredible dude! Replacing them every 6 months? I’ve had mine for 2+ years and they are still less than 50% worn...what’s your dealers take on this?
I stopped going to the dealer for them, I now buy the premium auto zone pads with free lifetime replacement whenever I get a new vehicle, then it's just my labor
I'll add on to this that most people are scared to ride with me, my sister refused to ride with me for about 10 years after I scared her on a six lane in san diego years ago
yet any accidents are from people hitting me, I have been rear ended probably 6-7 times, had people turn in front of me a couple times, got pushed sideways in front a semi truck for about a mile, I just keep my eye on the ball and drive.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63