Time limit on editing posts

Discussion in 'Site News' started by JohnC12, Jan 18, 2016.

1. JohnC12

JohnC12 Member Supporting Member

Name:
    John
    My apologies if this has already been addressed or asked, but I couldn't find anything.

I would like the ability to go back an edit an older post from November. Would it be possible to extend our editing time limit?

For example, I'd like to be able to go back and updated/edit my first and original post on this thread.

Thank you!

Travieso likes this.
  2. NathanJax

NathanJax Vacation Nathan Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Nathan
    There is a time limit because of a few things. One being the way google searches show what's on our forum.

It's not something that we are looking at changing right now.

PM me for the changes you'd like and we can look into changing it for you.

3. JohnC12

JohnC12 Member Supporting Member

Name:
    John
    Thanks NathanJax, totally understand. I'll shot you a PM.

4. TOYSTRY

TOYSTRY Member

Name:
    Jason
    I'm on a lot of forums and this is the first and only forum that restricts future editing. I tried yesterday to edit a post from about two weeks ago (it's a How To post) and I've been locked out of my own post. I'd encourage you to make it to where we can edit our own post, vice having to PM an administrator to modify a post every time someone wants to make a change.

My .02 cents......hope you take it into consideration.

5. mattt

mattt Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    I agree. I just tried to edit a classified post and no go. The title of my ad is no longer correct, but editing would fix all that. When/if editing returns as a user option, please update this thread.

6. 07Burb

07Burb GM fan for life Staff Member Supporting Member

Name:
    Jacob
    The reason behind this time limit being in place is very simple really. There has been a few times where a disgruntled member would get pissy and then go to all of their posts and edit them with something like "..." and before we know it some good info was gone off the site and lost forever all cuz of a sandy vag. So this time limit is in place as kind of a protection measure to the forum.

If you want/need a post edited and you cannot do so because of this just send me and/or @NathanJax and we would be more than happy to edit for you. We know it's not the most convenient and we apologize but this is something that is a necessary step that we have had to take