Tighten seats

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jay S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
fairly new here and to the GM world. I have a 08 Tahoe LT and the driver's seat seems to be loose. Like, it feels like it is not securely bolted to the floor. I was wondering how to go about tightening it and if there is a guide? I can't seem to find any info on the webs.

Thanks,
Jay

Speck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that you're also having this issue. I had my truck in at the body shop recently for other work and advised them that I felt like my seat was loose (it would rock randomly when breaking or accelerating) and they said they could not find anything loose on the mounts.

I am wondering, does it feel like the whole seat for you or just the seat back?

Joe

Smrtss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than a left handed socket wrench it's pretty straightforward.

Take off plastic caps
tighten nuts
Replace plastic caps

OP
OP
J

Jay S

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's interesting that you're also having this issue. I had my truck in at the body shop recently for other work and advised them that I felt like my seat was loose (it would rock randomly when breaking or accelerating) and they said they could not find anything loose on the mounts.

I am wondering, does it feel like the whole seat for you or just the seat back?

Joe

It's the whole seat for me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011