Ticking sound but only on an incline

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So i just got a 02 Denali and have been fixing a few issues. My drive way has a steep incline. When i pull up my drive i hear this ticking noise. It sounds like it is coming from the bottom passenger side like where the ac condenser is. i have not heard it any other time. Any ideas? It has 185000 miles on it.

Danny3737

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does the same thing, but it's the auto ride pump

OP
OP
C

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Low oil when on incline
i do have the check oil level light on but it shows from the dipstick that there is enough oil. if i back up the drive way no noise. Could the dip stick be wrong?

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I highly doubt the dipstick is wrong. Wait! Are we talking about the metal measuring device that fits down into the oil pan or the Poster of this thread? :p Whats your oil pressure reading at idle and at 55mph+?

OP
OP
C

cheebs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I highly doubt the dipstick is wrong. Wait! Are we talking about the metal measuring device that fits down into the oil pan or the Poster of this thread? :p Whats your oil pressure reading at idle and at 55mph+?
both. 40 and 60.

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oil pressure sounds good. AC condenser is NOT "bottom passenger side". Its in front of the radiator. Looks like a radiator but slightly smaller and thinner.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TIMMY_B