Thump in floorboard can’t fine source

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
could be the main support-crossmember under the motor/trans, there was a tsb on the NBS for the same issue, the fix was to replace or swap the bolts around and be sure it was all very tight! mine used to do that and it would drive me crazy, same with the rear torsion bar right behind the rear diff, if that was not tight it would "pop" then it just got so worn out I had to replace it.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also had a issue once with the drivers side lower control arm bolt was loose and had worn a egg shaped hole in the frame, had looked at it 50 times and didn't see it, I ended up welding a big thick washer to the frame which worked out just right because the bolt is plenty long enough

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I think my sound is actually coming from the rear trailing arms. I’m going to replace all of them once the parts arrive. One lower came in and I replaced the passenger side with it. It already feels better and haven’t heard the actual pop noise since I replaced it

NGAneer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting a similar noise when turning right at low speeds, feels like it's under the driver floor. Ball joints, struts and all sway bar hardware is new. I'll have to roll my windows down next time I find one of those familiar places and see if I can tell front or rear. I'd thought tie rods until now.

OP
OP
Ponchonutty

Ponchonutty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well replaced all rear trailing arms. Uppers and lowers are new. Feels tighter in the rear but noise is still there. I think I may try bodymounts next

rscalfani

Reaction score
@Doubeleive do you happen to have that TSB for the crossmember?

could be the main support-crossmember under the motor/trans, there was a tsb on the NBS for the same issue, the fix was to replace or swap the bolts around and be sure it was all very tight! mine used to do that and it would drive me crazy, same with the rear torsion bar right behind the rear diff, if that was not tight it would "pop" then it just got so worn out I had to replace it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne