Throttle Position Sensor/ Engine reduced Power message letter from GM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow pretty cool you guys are getting yours fixed buy dealers or gm mechanics for free! But unfortunately like me (03 Yukon, over mileage)and allot of others on here we have to try and chase this issue and pay for it ourselves. It seams to be affecting all chevy gm trucks and suv's alike. Ive had a code for my app sensor and replaced it and now it runs worse and acts up more. Found a thread on another site that said about testing the voltage at the harness on the pedal sensor (which is way off) but it was a paid response from a gm mechanic and didnt follow through if that means its the tac module or if its can be caused by something else. So still trying to figure it out.

Quag

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Folks, I have a 12 tahoe with 5.3 liter. Getting intermittent p2135. Of course when in the middle of no where. I have re set with an odb scanner Ta get it out of limp mode. I have researched and seems the service bulletin on this only goes to 2011. My question is if I purchase a tps kit do I have to reprogram the ecm on a 2012? The service bulletin I read for a 2011 says no.

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Folks, I have a 12 tahoe with 5.3 liter. Getting intermittent p2135. Of course when in the middle of no where. I have re set with an odb scanner Ta get it out of limp mode. I have researched and seems the service bulletin on this only goes to 2011. My question is if I purchase a tps kit do I have to reprogram the ecm on a 2012? The service bulletin I read for a 2011 says no.
A good part should have the proper programming already, ask the people you are buying it from.

Sent from my Z797C using Tapatalk

taiblalock

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is anyone still following this thread?
I have a 2010 Silverado 5.3L 4x4. Getting a P2135 code again. It was doing this a while back. I googled the issue and replaced the throttle body, TPS sensor, accelerator pedal, and the pigtail connector to the TPS sensor. All one at a time because each time I replaced something the problem persisted.
Since, I've put headers, cold air intake, and a tune on it. After the tune the problem went away so I assumed it was a programming issue. Now this morning it is doing it again.
So... has anyone figured out what the issue causing it really is? All of the parts associated with it have been replaced with OE parts. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the hell is causing it!
Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help.

Yukon Lover

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is anyone still following this thread?
I have a 2010 Silverado 5.3L 4x4. Getting a P2135 code again. It was doing this a while back. I googled the issue and replaced the throttle body, TPS sensor, accelerator pedal, and the pigtail connector to the TPS sensor. All one at a time because each time I replaced something the problem persisted.
Since, I've put headers, cold air intake, and a tune on it. After the tune the problem went away so I assumed it was a programming issue. Now this morning it is doing it again.
So... has anyone figured out what the issue causing it really is? All of the parts associated with it have been replaced with OE parts. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out what the hell is causing it!
Thanks in advance. I appreciate any help.
Don't know about the new ones but, do you still have a tac module involved? Plus wiring to it as well?

Sent from my SCH-I545PP using Tapatalk

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm following this thread. 2009 GMC Yukon XL. Had this problem intermittently over the last 2-3 years. P2135 code. Replaced TPS sensor 3 times (lifetime warranty). replaced pigtail connector to the TPS sensor (because I broke one of the clips). Replaced MAF sensor. Stabilitrak, Engine Power Reduced. Any ideas?

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ordered the AC Delco 19259452 TPS Sensor from Rock Auto ($28.89). Will replace the AutoZone Duralast TPS Sensor 4270. Then have dealership reprogram ECM. Hopefully that will solve the problem. I really would like to hold on to this vehicle since it's paid for.

harbison

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I removed the Throttle Body with TPS Sensor attached from vehicle. Thoroughly cleaned throttle body using throttle body cleaner. Replaced TPS Sensor with AC Delco part. Went step by step through the TSB instructions. Even put the clips on in order. Last night I get "Reduced Engine Power, Stablitrak Off, CEL" code P2135. I popped the hood, closed it. Started fine, ran fine, drove home. The only thing I can think of that I haven't done is to replace the throttle body. I had the ECM reprogrammed at the dealership the first or second time it happened. Does that step have to be every time? Ready to be through with this headache!

Denali2k8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got a P0011 code on the highway after a downshift. 2008 Denali w/ 6.2L. Is this related? Cleared with scantool and havent had codes pop again, but I feel like the truck has surges of loss power under regular accel.