Throttle Body Suggestions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAWVORTEC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wifes 2003 yukon xl has P0220 coming up and has a rough idle. I purchased a TPS(throttle Position Sensor), but her model doesn't have one. I believe it is built into a big plastic piece on side of throttle body. It looks as though I need to replace entire throttle body. Do I need to go with AC Delco? Is there a performance upgrade that's worth purchasing? Thanks!

rockola1971

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That "big plastic piece" is the TPS. Is the yukon drive by wire (DBW)? Does the big "plastic piece" have a wiring harness plugging into it with around 8 wires or so? If so then its DBW. The TPS is riveted to the throttle body (4 of them). Drill them out and the replacement TPS comes with nuts/bolts. Easy to change but typically requires a idle relearn. Easy enough. Google the procedure.
Here is the replacement of a TPS sensor with cabled throttle.

Here is the replacement of a TPS sensor with DBW. You dont have to remove the throttle body unless you wish to give a thorough cleaning.

And Eric rocks! Subscribe to his vids. He does many troubleshooting vids and repairs for our chassis!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon