Throttle Body Spacers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
there are a few good tuners out there if you search around, but Justin and Jenna are very involved and are VERY customer oriented. They are great about answering questions, they are always very informative while tuning.... Justin does GREAT work with these trucks man, I would recomend BB to anyone and everyone who is looking into a custom PCM tune. I dont know how Justin finds the time to take such good care of his customers, but he does

BB is the way to go

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'll save ya some money:

TBI Spacer- waste
Cold Air- not a bad investment
Throttle body- Not needed unless you are runnin a big heads/cam setup. Port the stocker
Under-drive pulley- not a bad investment, just watch your alternator if you have a sound system.
Jet chip- waste of money.. get a real tune.
Thermostat- not a bad investment with a tune. Worthless otherwise.
BBK Headers- deff worth the money if you get a good tune with it.
Magnaflow- whats better then a bit more flow and a lot more sound
Jet Maf- complete waste of money, your truck comes with an 85mm Maf.

So Do the headers and catback, port the throttle body, get a 180 thermostat and pulley and drop around 300 on a bolt-on only dynotune and be much happier with the results.

I pretty much ditto that. Me personally, I would not purchase the thermostat, the stocker is just fine.

HMFDZ28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help...Sounds like I was going to waste a chunk of money on something so useless.

So Is Blackbear Performance the way to go for a tune? I see and hear so much good information about them.

No probs bro... I honestly cant give an opinion on Blackbear since I know the F-body and Y-body markets as far as tuning goes, but from what I am let to read on here there is a ton of happy customers and that is what counts!.

I pretty much ditto that. Me personally, I would not purchase the thermostat, the stocker is just fine.

Its funny you say that cause Vinci Hi Performance had a whole write up of why you should keep the higher thermostat temp over say a 160*.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bump, lots of threads on TBSs, figured this would be a good time to get it back to the top!

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I have seen, yes I had one forgive me, this is the best use for one.

AirAid%20TB%20Spacer%20NOS.jpg

02 Cat Cutter

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine's rocking a volant ram box, granitelli maf, and a helix tbs, followed up with the hypertech touchscreen. also, my catalyic converters just 'fell out' one day. straight pipe welded back in, dual in/out flowmaster, and no tailpipes. auburn gear 3:73 rear too. thing sounds like a beast now. The first 150 feet are good the 6700 lb curse takes over.I tried adding the same throttle body your'e talking about, had to send it back. I followed the procedure for acclimating the computer to it, but the truck kept tripping right back into safe mode ten minutes into the road test every time. anybody know why? I was looking into an lsx manifold kit for better top end. but I'm afraid I'll just run into the same problem and don't wanna go through that p.i.t.a

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 AM ----------

the man's got a point. the power tower sounds good, but it doesn't do squat. save yourself the space and get an electric fan, and if they make them for our model trucks, an electric water pump. lots more money to spend, but if you can buck the "$20 at a time" performance plan ( no offense I figured this out the hard way myself.), you start to notice some real gains.

OP
OP
JennaBear

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Your aftermarket MAF is leaning out your mixture and your hypertech can't account for it. You might want to try putting your stock MAF back in and seeing if that fixes your problems. Check out my thread on aftermarket MAFs as well...

NoChrome

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Your aftermarket MAF is leaning out your mixture and your hypertech can't account for it. You might want to try putting your stock MAF back in and seeing if that fixes your problems. Check out my thread on aftermarket MAFs as well...

Dont the granailli mafs have a hole in the middle that air can flow through un-accounted for?

Either way still not worth the money, if I were to get one it would be the lingenfelter (sp?) 100mm