Throttle Body Mod

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
As I've stated before the mod isn't necessarily for power, it's more for ease of cleaning for the throttle body. There has to be a mild performance benefit, perhaps lower IATs. Took all of 5 minutes and it makes the throttle body much cleaner when coolant isn't running through all the time. Plenty of fools up north with the mod and no adverse effects during the winter.

tybardy

everyone needs a Hoe
Reaction score
As I've stated before the mod isn't necessarily for power, it's more for ease of cleaning for the throttle body. There has to be a mild performance benefit, perhaps lower IATs. Took all of 5 minutes and it makes the throttle body much cleaner when coolant isn't running through all the time. Plenty of fools up north with the mod and no adverse effects during the winter.

X2... this is a smart mod to do for anyone who is into keeping their motor and its internals clean. I wasnt planning on doing the mod as i also thought it would be worthless, but as all of you who have either done the mod or cleaned the TB once know, these lines make the job far more dificult.

So bipass i did, and now i have no quams about pull the TB off every so often to give it a decent cleaning. only takes a few minutes now

Alex29573

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there anything else we can do to these TBs? i remember my brother in law doing something really nice to his 4.3 s10.. cant really remember what it was but he bored out some stuff that was blocking airflow or something like that.

Max

Mile High
Reaction score
I'll try and measure it next time I clean my tb, think it's about 1/4 not too big.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Back from the dead.

Wonder if this was applied with a MAF mesh removal and ported TB and ported MAF sensor if combined would make a difference. along with a drop in aftermarket filter or a cai.
Seems like the most efficient air flow an ingine can intake.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The air flows too quickly through the 2 inches worth of metal the tb has it wont effect iat at all. As far as easier cleaning of the tb is literally the only benefit. This has been debated on the 3.1 back as far as the earliest lumina euro. The only benefit even back then was cleaning the tb and reducing the possibility of a coolant leak from the tb.