Thoughts on the Dupont exterior and interior protection application

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GMPP was what is now an Ally Bank product that was spun off from GM. GM now sells its own branded protection plan (GMEPP). This plan does have a disappearing deductible. According to the article that I read, Ally's license to use the GMPP name would go through late 2016.

It is very confusing, even for the car dealership service departments.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ranger8996

ranger8996

Reaction score
So I spoke to the finance manager at my dealership yesterday regarding this Ally Premier Protection plan. Here is how it was explained to me....when GM filed bankruptcy GMAC went away and Ally bank assumed all the warranty contracts that were held by GMAC. Ally became the captive finance bank for GM including extended warranties. Ally separated from GM in 2016 in what has become a somewhat messy "divorce". At this time there is no GM Financial offered extended warranty and GM supposedly has advised the franchises to seek third party warranties to sell to customers. My dealership has stuck with Ally who had been the issuer of GM extended warranties since the bankruptcy ...it is the same plan that used to have the GMPP name....it's just now called by its bank name of Ally. It's the same coverage and he says the disappearing deductible is legitimate

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That is good to hear but what a GM mess. Get your warranty work done at your purchasing Dealer and you should be good to go.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts